Over 60?

Options
13»

Replies

• slryan313
    slryan313 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I am 61 and am try to lose about 30 pounds. I am down about 8 pounds (thought my husband has lost about 30). I usually wok out 5 or 6 days a week, walking, yoga, aqua, or boot camp, but am having trouble getting back into it after summer travels. Looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • Superlucia
    Superlucia Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm holding at 132 pounds. I would really like to weigh 130 but God only knows when that will happen. I go on vacation on Aug. 28th. It will be my first vacation in 2&1/2 years! Soooo, I'll be off diet for then. I live in Argentina and will be visiting family and friends in the U.S! Yippee!
  • jbbjbb2017
    jbbjbb2017 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 61 and lost my menopause weight-gain over the last 7 months!!!! I thought that was actually impossible so I'm completely & happily surprised by this. I'm doing a relaxed form of low-carb and have increased the amount of vegetables I eat so I have lots of munching-time at meals. I'm working on getting used to having more fish too. Beyond that I still feel like I over-eat, still have dark chocolate with wine every evening, and can't resist good cheese but I guess what I'm eating is better than before.
  • 60doggydog
    60doggydog Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just started with Anytime Fitness at the beginning of December hoping to lose weight and get back in shape. At the age of 65+, I have decided that I need to take care of my kidneys, heart, and lungs at this point plus get back some of the strength that I lost after shoulder surgery two years ago. I began changing my diet which takes a lot of willpower in and of itself after many years of eating the wrong foods. I was in construction, so I am not in terribly bad shape for a gal my age. Just need to lose the weight I've gained over the years and to stop anymore weight gain now that I have slowed down and retired. I stay active volunteering and helping out with small odd jobs, but that is not enough to lose that weight that slowly accumulated and attached itself to my body over the course of the past 40 years.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    71 here and still going and hope to make some headway. Good luck all
  • jadams2930
    jadams2930 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 75 and starting MFP for the second time around... did well the first time but got out of sync and gave up... now I am getting ready for a new year and looking forward to more success.
  • Superlucia
    Superlucia Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi again! Well, I finally got a vacation and went to the U.S. to visit family and friends. Of course, the diet went nowhere, so I'm back at it. I only went up 6 pounds, thank heavens. How are are you all doing now?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,429 Member
    Options
    Superlucia wrote: »
    Hi again! Well, I finally got a vacation and went to the U.S. to visit family and friends. Of course, the diet went nowhere, so I'm back at it. I only went up 6 pounds, thank heavens. How are are you all doing now?

@Superlucia, if you're still looking for 60+ folks, it might be worth checking out this thread:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10718336/60-yrs-and-up#latest

Like this thread, the posts on the first page are older ones, but there's plenty of new activity at the end, on the higher numbered pages. Lots of 60+ folks there.

Welcome back!