Legends of the Hidden Temple - CLOSED Challenge

Options
Helloo lucky college kids!

So this is the starting week of our challenge!
On MONDAY, post your weight and this will be your -official- starting weight!

Also, post what team you want to be on! (You can do this ASAP)
Check previous posts and make sure the team isn't full!
Each team can have four members.

No Weekly Challenge this week!
Just do your best and try to get on track!

I'll try to keep this list updated, but I don't have internet unless I'm at my boyfriend's house..

Purple Parrots:
1. HilarieXcore
2. 3552000

Silver Snakes:

Red Jaguars:
1. Laranay13

Blue Barracudas:

Green Monkeys:
1. Amberness89

Orange Iguanas:

Replies

• HilarieXcore
    HilarieXcore Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    -Reserved for weights-
  • HilarieXcore
    Options
    I suppose I should introduce myself again :)

I'm a junior with 3 semesters left and I'm majoring in psychology and minoring in English literature.
    Then it's off to grad school for Counseling Psychology, then off to get my PhD in Clinical Psychology.
    I'm also in marching band (colorguard) and I'm taking tennis this semester even though I've never played.
    I'm 20, 5'3, and I have a boyfriend that I've been with for over 2.5 years :)

Stats:
    Starting weight on MPF: 172ish
    Last week's weight: 142ish
    Weight as of August 1st:
    Goal weight by end of challenge: 120lbs
    Eventual goal weight: 115-110lbs
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Hello. I've been in college forever it seems. I want to become a nurse and if things go smoothly, I should be graduating in the spring of next year. I've gained 30 pounds in nursing school but managed to lose 29 pounds in about 4 months. I believe I can lose a little more weight, especially belly fat... ugh. Anyway, I currently weight 146 pounds. I'm still taking summer classes so it has been a pretty stressful summer for me. I'm glad to be here!

As for teams. Hmm. Decisions, decisions. I think I'll go with the blue barracudas! Woohoo! Go blue team!
  • Mom2MandN
    Mom2MandN Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the green monkey team.

My name is Nicki. I have been in and out of college trying to figure out what I want a carrier in. Right now I am doing the prerequisites for becoming a vet tech. If i fall in love with that I may go ahead and go to vet school since I have wanted to be a vet since I was a child.
    I am also a mother to a boy (26 mo) and girl (10m0) and a wife to my husband Eddie since 2008.
    I am live on the family ranch so I am active everyday. I try to get to the gym five times a week and if I cant make it I try to walk about 2 to 3 miles.
    Cant wait to lose the weight and do it as a team!!!

Stats:
    Starting weight on MPF: 140 ish
    Last week's weight: 140 according to gym scale
    Weight as of August 1st: I need to get a battery for my scale
    Goal weight by end of challenge: 190lbs
    Eventual goal weight: 150-160 lbs
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    My name is Leanne (wish i'd put that in my username!). I'm 19 and in my second year majoring in Human Nutrition and minoring in Food service management. I have one year left in my degree then I hope to do post grad in dietetics but its quite competitive so who knows if i'll get in.

I struggle with stress eating which is the reason I have weight to lose. I love going to the gym but tend to think of it as a treat and often feel guilty for going to the gym instead of studying so i'm working on that.

Height: 5'5
    SW: 134lbs
    weight last monday: 132lbs
    GW: 110- 114lbs which i should hopfully reach before the end of this challenge and then i will work on getting a hot tonned body
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Yay! Another vet tech! I am 22 and will be beginning my 2nd year as a senior on August 22nd. I started out double majoring in English and Journalism until my Journalism degree was cut so then I was left with an English degree I was only taking for fun. So I decided to do what I should had done before and become a vet tech. In 2013 I will have my English degree with a concentration in lit, an Associates in Vet Tech and a Bio major with a concentration in Vet Tech. I live in Louisiana, have 9 fur babies (4 dogs, 2 cats, and 3 guinea pigs) and I live with my boyfriend of 5 years come October 9th :)

SW at the beginning of the year: 207
    CW: 178
    GW by the end of the year: 145
  • kateecat
    kateecat Posts: 13
    Options
    My name is Kathy, I'm 20 years old and am in college studying ASL (American Sign Language) interpreting. I hope to do that and maybe study special education as well in order to work with Deaf and hard-of-hearing students. I decided to take only online classes this semester since I am planning on being an au pair in France this year (that is if I can get money for my flight costs) because I am kind of bored right now and said, "hey, why not?"

I will have my scale by next week so I'll give my measurements for now.
    bust: 41
    waist: 34
    hips :41.5

As for teams, well I like birds so I think i'm going to have to go with the Purple Parrots. c:
  • 11aking
    11aking Posts: 30
    Options
    Yay! :) my name is Ashee, and I'm a first year sophomore this fall! I'm so ridiculously excited about not being in high school anymore :) I'm an Art major, specifically Art Education, but I want to study Art Therapy as well. I move in on the 15th to begin Hell Week for the marching band! I play trumpet :) I'm also going to play club tennis, 'cause I love it. My boyfriend has been going to this university for a year already, so I'm not scared. I want to be so healthy. I'm starting a new life, its about time. As for the teams... I think I will go with the Blue Barracudas :)
  • lc522
    lc522 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone my name is Lauren. I'm a 22 year old junior majoring in early childhood education and sociology. Early childhood education because I want to teach special education preschool and sociology because where I live your required to double major and its the easiest one to do at the same time. now for weight loss info:

SW:215
    CW:201
    GW (for january):175
    GW(overall): 140

I would like to be a red jaguar please!
  • horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm 22 and I'm going to be a 2nd year senior this upcoming fall. I've changed my major 5 times.. haha.. but now I'm finally where I want to be. I'm an Animal Science/Pre-vet major. I ride horses/work at a barn, and may be working in a research lab in the fall.. getting paid and working under the second highest paid professor under our university (the only one who gets paid higher is the Dean.). Hoping his recommendation will be enough to get me into vet school!!!
    Oh, and I'm training for a half marathon. It's September 18th.

CW: 140
    GW: 125ish.. or 120. Whatever looks best on me.

I'd like to be a Red Jaguar please :)
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    BLUE BARRACUDAAS! Great idea for the challenge! My name's Katie, I'm a senior Accounting major. I started on MFP about a week ago and I've already lost 10 pounds! I think it's mostly water weight, but it's still a great motivator! I'll see you guys monday with my start weight!
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    My name is Jordan, I'm 19 but I'll be 20 in three weeks. I just finished up at Chemeketa Community college here, and transferring on to Oregon State to do biology and wildlife studies. Got a lot of animal lovers on here, I love it! I live with my boyfriend of two and a half years and we also have one cat. I'm pretty close to my goal weight, already lost all the weight I put on at the beginning of my relationship and then some, but I've got about 7lbs left and then a whole lot of toning up.

SW:185
    CW:152
    GW:145
    I'll be a blue barracuda as well, if I still can, to fill up that team!
  • aLatz13
    aLatz13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I'm Ashley and I'm a 21 year old Mechanical Engineering major. I've spent the last 7 months doing a co-op (I'm on a 5 year program which is 4 years of school mixed in with 20 months of work rotations). When I started this last co-op I decided to get serious about losing all of my college weight, so I joined MFP and have lost 13-14 pounds so far! I had played a lot of sports in high school and tried to just focus on my studies when I went to college, which resulted in me gaining about 15 pounds. Now that I dont have to be an athlete anymore, I figure 125 is a good goal weight because I wont need huge bulky muscles like before. Plus, when I was playing sports I didnt do any training on my own and didnt find exercise enjoyable, so I had to teach myself how to enjoy running and going to the gym (It's not as easy to push yourself when you dont have opponents to beat or a coach blowing a whistle at you!) It's been a slow and steady process, but my main goal is once school starts in a few weeks to keep my portion sizes under control and work out 3-4 days a week.

SW: 146
    CW: 133
    GW: 125

As for teams, Purple Parrots!
  • slcase
    slcase Posts: 17
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    My name is Sam. I'm a 21 year old senior (yay!) majoring in microbiology...but not quite sure what I want to do with that yet...maybe public health.

I have about 30 lbs I'd like to use. Last year I did weight watchers for a while (I'm glad I found this site, it's the same thing but free, lol) and I lost about 12 pounds but gained it all back when I stopped. So I guess even more important than losing the weight is feeling better, being healthy & in shape, and making lifestyle choices so if I stop using the site I can still maintain whatever weight I'm at.

I've never been really athletic at all but since starting college I've tried to exercise a lot more. I love running, the eliptical, racquetball, and biking. Speaking of, my boyfriend and I are going on a bike ride in a few minutes for a few hours. Very excited!

Anyway for teams...Green Monkeys! I love green:)

Enjoy the weekend everyone!
  • econn
    econn Posts: 157
    Options
    hi i'm emily! i'll be an orange iguana!! but i have no idea what this legends of the hidden temple thing is. i feel out of the loop hahaha anyway, i'm 20 a college junior studying exercise science. hoping to go on to get my doctorate in pt after i graduate! :)) fingers crossed i get in somewhere :) lol

I lost a lot of weight freshman year and got down to 131 by eating between 1000-1400 cal/day
    I play soccer at my school and my real goal is to make the starting line up this year, as i have just been a sub in for the past 2 years at my school! :/ I go back to school in 2 weeks and once preseason starts i will be having 2-3 a days so i think i will drop weight fast! hopefully haha

Height: 5'4.5"
    SW: 145
    GW: 128
  • HilarieXcore
    Options
    Woohoo! I'll get the team list updated tomorrow because I'm about to go into work & I'm not goin to my bf's afterwards so I won't have a computer.. thanks for posting, y'all
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    hello!

i'm going to be a senior neuroscience major/nutrition minor. i'm studying now for the pcat so hopefully this time next year i'll be getting ready for pharmacy school. i'm 20 years old (21 in 41 days... not that i'm counting...). i mostly just want to tone up and get rid of some flab. my university is consistently rated one of the healthiest campuses in the country. unfortunately, it also has the highest rate of anorexia in the country so here's to trying to do it the healthy way!

CW: 154 lbs
    GW:130 lbs
    height: 5'6''

red jaguars please :)
  • lisamn06
    lisamn06 Posts: 9
    Options
    yay!!!

Hello everyone!! I'm going to be a 2nd year senior (i've transferred twice!! =) majoring in communication studies with a double emphasis and a minor in intercultural communications. I'm 23 yrs old and loving every minute....I'm looking to be more toned and definately need a healthier weight...like in highschool would be nice again =) VERY EXCITED!!!

And ORANGE IGUANAS please =)

CW:210.3
    GW:150
  • HilarieXcore
    Options
    I managed to make an updated list from my phone but there's no edit post button on here..
    So don't hate if I misspelled your name, I was going by memory (:

We have THREE open spots so if you have anyone you want to invite, send them a link to the thread I posted about needing more people or have them send me a message :)

Hope you're having a good weekend! Lay off the sodium and get lots of water! (:

Orange Iguanas
    1. Lisamn06
    2. Econn

Red Jaguars -FULL
    1. Omid990
    2. Horseryder77
    3. Lc523
    4. Laranay13

Blue Barracudas- FULL
    1. Jordanlell
    2. Kburks0709
    3. 11aking
    4. FeverRN

Green Monkeys
    1. Slcase
    2. Mon2MandN
    3. Amberness89

Purple Parrots- FULL
    1. HilarieXcore
    2. aLatz13
    3. Kateecat
    4. Leanne3552000

Silver Snakes
  • p4tr1c14_94
    Options
    Hii there if i could be part of the challenge i would love to be on silver snake team :D