NSV... turned into NSNothing :(

Options
I went shopping with my sister today. I wanted to get some pants that would be too small so that one beautiful day I could fit into them. I took size 42 jeans (European sizing, if that matters?) thinking they would be too small, but... they fit! They even looked decent. Not decent enough for me to buy them - I'm very picky - but still!
I was very happy until I went to another store, decided to try on two another pairs of pants - I could only find them sized 44... and neither of them fit - they hardly zipped and looked horrible. :(

Clothing companies sizing, y u not consistent?? :(((

Replies

• MaureenCreates
    MaureenCreates Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I find the higher the price tag, the more consistent the sizing.
    *kitten*.
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I feel ya. LOL I'm a size 40 (sometimes even a 38, when I'm lucky), and still some of my clothes say 44 or even 46. Never trust a european size, because it's different in every country. A german 40 is a french 42 is an italian 44 and so on. Luckily nobody except me knows what the number says, but people see how my jeans fit, so I don't get too depressed about it.
  • Deev79
    Deev79 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Don't you hate that??? Drives me nuts! Don't dwell on the two that didn't fit...revel in the pair that looked great! Good for you that you fit in a pair your thought would surely be too small!! And one day, it will even be a smaller size that you are amazed you fit into! There's nothing better than that feeling!! Keep up the good work!
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    Don't think nothing of it....My pant sizes vary from a size 3 to a size 8!!! depending on brand and fit. I am learning to not worry too much about what the tag says. Dwell on your physical inches. My hips remain 37 inches whether I am in a pant size 3 or a size 8. Clothing companies are ridiculous and it would be crazy if we let them dictate how we feel about our bodies.
  • dddttt
    dddttt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, you're the best, that made me feel better :)
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it at all. Sizing is all over the place and if you worry too much about the number (or letter) you'll drive yourself crazy. I can wear anywhere from a European size 36 to a size 42, it's insane and really depends on the country and the brand.
  • cass89
    cass89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    i had that today in the same store! I tried on size 14 straight jeans...button not even close to doing up...tried on size 14 boot leg and perfect fit! so i guess it depends on the style of the pants too.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I have this problem every single time I go shopping, and I have even noticed that the same store from year to year adjusts their sizes. I discovered this last year when I went into an Aeropostale outlet store...I went in to the store wearing a pair of their jeans that I bought 2 years ago. They are size 6. So, of course, I tried on the size 6. I couldn't pull it over my butt! I tried on the 8, and it was still tight. Now this is the same store, same style of jeans...the only difference was the wash. I just wanted a different color, and I would have had to buy something 2 sizes larger to get a pair that fit the exact same way! I saved my money because I'm not about to buy something that forces me to have to convince myself that I didn't gain a bunch of weight every time I put it on.