How do you all have so many MFP friends???

Options
How do you all have so many friends on this site? I guess I'm just curious. I have a couple friends on here -only 1 that I know personally not that I love all you other guys any less! Did you join this site along with a bunch of other people or have you just met people along the way? Again... just curious. LOL

Replies

• theaterfan23
    theaterfan23 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I joined a little over a week ago and I have made several friends already! Feel free to add me if you would like!!
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of friends doing this with me, and everyone else I have just interacted with in the forums.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I always get friend requests as people come across my blogs.
  • BeccaStearns
    Options
    I did this alone for 6 or so months. Decided I needed a little motivation and just started adding people that had good things to say and good motivation
  • Thamantha
    Thamantha Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Met people along the way mostly. I joined the site because a good friend of mine used it to help her lose weight, and she is my one 'real life' friend on here. I have a handful of other good souls as friends because we have similar goals, or starting points (i.e. vegetarian, 5'4", 26ish, going down from 146 to 125 ish).
  • ginmo333
    ginmo333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    For Me- My friends have come from people that I have been in a same group with.... some of the ladies we all did the 30 day shred together and just found eachother on MFP, others I have common weight loss goals with, or beliefs.....people who kind of are in the same boat as you with common goals. It really helps to have support :) I don't know ANY of my MFP friends personally.
  • MakinMoves
    MakinMoves Posts: 364
    Options
    You'll start to meet great people along the way...when you're in the forums and such.

I participate in several challenges...and have met most of my MFP through those challenges! Its great to know others here are heading towards your same goals!
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    SunshineKisses_2012 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I know 2 people on here personally and the rest of my friends come from forum posts. Feel free to add me! I love seeing everyone's updates and I love to encourage!
  • JsGordita
    JsGordita Posts: 70
    Options
    most i met after joining and a few i know from a different forum we all use regularly.
  • LindseyDD
    LindseyDD Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I just request and recieve requests from people that are having similar weight struggle. I have gained most of my friends from reading forum posts and then requesting then to be a friend. Most people won't turn you down and everyone is really motivating, just starting asking everyone you find interesting, it adds up fast. I personally dont know anyone on my friends list but they are all so supportive!
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Options
    I am having Gastric Bypass operation in August, when I started here in May I looked up Gastric bypass, and then I I have just interacted with in the forums, started chatting with people and added them as friends and looked on my friends list and added some of there friends. Your more than welcome to add me, Anyone here may add me... Plus I write in my blog and that gets people to add me...
    Best of Luck to you, WELCOME to MFP....:flowerforyou: Amy
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    If you click "Home" ^above, the very first category listed is "Introduce Yourself." People read those and add other MFPers that seem like they would be a good fit. Or, post your own introduction topic in that category (like you did here).
  • juicygurl1
    juicygurl1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I invited one friend i know on a personal level. everyone else either added me or i added them. if you want to request me that would be awesome, we can rid the excessive weight together!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I got a whole lot of friend requests when I posted my success story, and I used to blog a lot, so I got lots of requests when my blogs were popular. Now, I just get the odd "I saw your forum post and I agree that blah blah blah so let's be friends" sort of thing.
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I have met all mine along the way on here except for like 6 of them I know personally
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    Didn't know anybody* when I came here. Your friend list will build up over time as you post on people statuses, blogs, forum posts, etc. Feel free to send friend requests to people you share opinions, philosophies, struggles, or other things in common like location, sense of humor, and all.

My friends here are the best thing that has ever happened to me. They're better than real life friends. You'll see.

Sometimes I worry I spread myself too thin and can't do justice to everybody, but there isn't anyone* I'd be willing to cut from my list. :smile:
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options

My friends here are the best thing that has ever happened to me. They're better than real life friends. You'll see.

Darkrider here is a case in point. Wow. :flowerforyou:
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I have a few real life friends on here, but mostly, it's people that I've met through challenges. Either someone that's been on my team or someone that's on another team. And the more time you spend on MFP, the more people you get to know.

My husband's starting to get a little jealous of the time I spend with my MFP friends....:ohwell:
  • fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Alot of my friends are coworkers, some are real life friends. A few have been from challenges or threads I've commented on.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I'm just so irresistibly adorable.

That, and I pay them to be my friends.