I might be in trouble :)

Options
All I have to say is YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!

We just moved to a new neighborhood in the same town we've lived in for years. I went on my run this morning (5.5 miles, yey!) and about a mile in I start smelling the most delicious scent. Turns out we moved a block away from a homemade doughnut store. Please Lord, give me strength! I had no idea this place existed, though I've driven by it hundreds of times. It took all of my will power to run by it this morning without stopping! I'm thankful I don't take any cash or cards when I run!

Replies

• MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    lol, great willpower!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    LOL smart move to not carry money! Maybe you should calculate how much further you would have to run to make up for eating just one donut. I think it's pretty far. That might help with the motivation!!
  • maritimemom
    maritimemom Posts: 192
    Options
    Good for you! I would probably run in the opposite direction from now on! lol I'm not so sure I would have the will power to stay away!
  • aparks1177
    aparks1177 Posts: 63
    Options
    Oh Wow, that is going to take some major will power! You can do it!!!
  • Valechka
    Valechka Posts: 192
    Options
    Good job!! I never ate donuts, but once we're reading a book with my son and the character in the book liked donuts. My kid ask me to try them. We went in the place near our house, also all home made, never knew it even exist... So we went there couple of times, sweet but yummy... thank God my son forgot about it as the book was finished.
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    On no!! that is horrible! Donuts are my weakness. I don't cave very often but it is usually on a donut :)! Hey, maybe you can go in there and request a healthier version of their donut ;) bahahahaha....yea, probably not. Great job on your run though. I am hoping to make 5 miles my normal run by September 1st. I am at 3 miles now...good luck, stay strong!!! ~Corina
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    LOL smart move to not carry money! Maybe you should calculate how much further you would have to run to make up for eating just one donut. I think it's pretty far. That might help with the motivation!!

Brilliant!! Thanks for the idea :)
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I can't get over your amazing running distance, i have just discovered how to 'run' and m,managed my very first uninterrupted mile!!! thats amazing. as for donuts....meh

( ok, my god that has to be sooo unnecessary, can't you find a diversion or get the guy who owns the donut place to make a zero calorie,zero carb high protein one with a glaze that just melts-in-the-mouth??)
  • shellshell43
    shellshell43 Posts: 116
    Options
    I find that I enjoy the smells of things sometimes more than the actual taste..to me apple pie never tastes as good as it smells..also cinn rolls etc...enjoy the smell...make that a special treat...I know it sound weird but I really do savor the smell and not crave the taste...
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    I can't get over your amazing running distance, i have just discovered how to 'run' and m,managed my very first uninterrupted mile!!! thats amazing. as for donuts....meh

( ok, my god that has to be sooo unnecessary, can't you find a diversion or get the guy who owns the donut place to make a zero calorie,zero carb high protein one with a glaze that just melts-in-the-mouth??)

I had never run a mile in my life before starting c25k in April :) I'm running a 12k in October, hopefully a 10k in August. You can do it!
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha, I'm with you on that one. Doughnuts are my only weak spot and there's a place not too far from me that makes their own and holy eff... they're ineffable!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options

I had never run a mile in my life before starting c25k in April :) I'm running a 12k in October, hopefully a 10k in August. You can do it!

I'm actually thinking i CAN do it because I gave up on c25k after week 2 as I just couldn't cut it, but i dunno..must have some kryptonite on me somewhere, did my first mile in 15 mins, the second in 12 and can now do one routinely in under 9.5 mins...but I'd rather do distance and gonna aim for 1.5 miles manna :-) I have no distractions like errantly located donut shops, just dog owners of rotties who think their 4 legged killer '' only wants to play''...
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    OMG! Nothing like a freshly baked, warm crumb donut!!!! :love:
    I know that's not helpful, but there's no way I could resist! Not on a run of course!, But I would probably have to get one per week when I learned their baking schedule! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: