5 mile daily run/jog

Options
Hey guys I'm trying to do a 5 mile run/jog each morning and I need a little motivation to keep going. If anyone wants to join your welcome to! It doesn't have to be 5 miles it can be whatever you'd like. Just trying to get active and fit, whose in?

Replies

• Volbeat79
    Volbeat79 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I do about 4.1 miles every morning.
  • leiramirez1
    leiramirez1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Niiice @Volbeat79
  • Volbeat79
    Volbeat79 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Do you use mapmyfitness or mapmywalk?
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @leiramirez1 Come join us in the August 2017 Running Challenge

Go to Pg1 and there is some info on setting up a Monthly Ticker for keeping track of your accomplishments, whether in miles or kilometers.
  • leiramirez1
    Options
    Volbeat79 wrote: »
    Do you use mapmyfitness or mapmywalk?
    No i don't but I'll check them out.
  • nerminhashem
    nerminhashem Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I walk on treadmill 5 km every day for 2 months till now :smile:
  • leiramirez1
    Options
    I walk on treadmill 5 km every day for 2 months till now :smile:

Wow that's awesome!!!
  • Zman003
    Zman003 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am doing a Mile three times a week to work up to 5k and also I am lifting 4 days a week and heavy bag/mma workout 5 days a week.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    ..are you a seasoned runner? If not, 5 miles a day is just asking for injury.

I'm just questioning because you say you're going to "try" doing this, which gives the impression that you're not. Not to mention, even seasoned runners try to vary their mileage throughout the week. You will hit a wall eventually in improvement by running the same distance over and over again.
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I aspire to getback into running. I think I need to lose 20-30 more pounds first. Making progress. Should be there by December.
  • jjohnny5055
    jjohnny5055 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in with you girl!
    But question....is there reason why u need to do 5 miles every morning?
  • jjohnny5055
    jjohnny5055 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    R u a runner?? If ur not. .u don't need to do 5 k every morning...1 or 2 miles 2...3 times a week it's perfect.
    I don't think a runner does 5k everyday.
    J
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    vespiquenn wrote: »

I'm just questioning because you say you're going to "try" doing this, which gives the impression that you're not. Not to mention, even seasoned runners try to vary their mileage throughout the week. You will hit a wall eventually in improvement by running the same distance over and over again.

'Eh, this isn't necessarily true.

I run anywhere from 8-13 miles/day. I love running and the fact that it doesn't require the rest days that lifting does.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »

I run anywhere from 8-13 miles/day. I love running and the fact that it doesn't require the rest days that lifting does.

I'm not saying that it isn't possible nor unsafe to a seasoned runner. But one has to work up to that point. By the way the original post sounded, this is not the case.

But I could be completely wrong about my assumptions. Even then, caution should be acknowledged to any new runner potentially reading this thread and believing this is a good idea to start with.

But even then, you are still varying the distance. Op is not. There will be little to no improvement after initial gains if the distance stays constant.
  • leiramirez1
    Options

I'm not saying that it isn't possible nor unsafe to a seasoned runner. But one has to work up to that point. By the way the original post sounded, this is not the case.

But I could be completely wrong about my assumptions. Even then, caution should be acknowledged to any new runner potentially reading this thread and believing this is a good idea to start with.

But even then, you are still varying the distance. Op is not. There will be little to no improvement after initial gains if the distance stays constant.

Hey guys, so I usually do 3 miles, 3 1/2 miles every day but I wanted to bump it up to 5 miles to push myself a little bit. I wouldn't call myself a runner, there's a track right by my house so I just take advantage of it.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options

Hey guys, so I usually do 3 miles, 3 1/2 miles every day but I wanted to bump it up to 5 miles to push myself a little bit. I wouldn't call myself a runner, there's a track right by my house so I just take advantage of it.

If you've been regularly running 3-3.5 miles, taking it up to 5 shouldn't cause injury. If you're worried though, try increasing by .5 mile at a time to slowly work your way up to it. Good luck!