Welcoming new friends

Options
Hey everyone! My name is Shan! I'm looking for friends to help motivate me to reach goal of loosing 60lbs by January! I had lost 100lbs but then started gaining it back over the last several years so I really want friends who can keep me on track and who aren't afraid to kick my butt when I need it! Feel free to add me or message me! But please don't be shy!

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    60 pounds in 20 weeks is pretty aggressive weight-loss (3 pounds a week). This isn't really long-term sustainable. What is your plan for losing the weight (how are you going to do it)? And how will you feel if you don't hit your aggressive weight loss goal?

Losing weight a bit more slowly is more sustainable - meaning you won't be tempted to eat the entire contents of your cupboard if your plan is to severely restrict foods and calories. Let me tell you my story:

I had 70 pounds to lose, and it took me nearly 2 years to do it. Not because I wasn't motivated, but because I refused to give up cookies and chips. I wanted to learn how to have a healthy relationship with food rather than just crash-diet to get rid of the excess weight. It was a long road for me - I had tried keto and the body-type diet and a bunch of other fads that did indeed get results, but didn't teach me anything about how to keep it off. If you're going to keep the weight off, you have to realize that this isn't a 'diet', it MUST be a life-style change. For me, it was easier to move slowly and figure out what my lifestyle needed to be to maintain over a period of months and years. SO - I lost 70 pounds over 2 years while I figured out what I needed to do. And I've kept it off for 3 years. It helped me to remember that as long as i was doing what I needed to do and not putting weight on, I was doing better than I would be if I gave up. I didn't gain 70 pounds over the course of a few months. I gained that weight over several years. It's not realistic to expect to drop it super-fast.
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend
  • yodiana
    yodiana Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started keto august 1st - please feel free to add me!
  • cammydehart
    cammydehart Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im trying for just half that to start, WAY 2 GO!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It's absolutely fantastic that you're getting help from folks who know how to help you get healthy. I'm glad to hear that my assumption was incorrect and you aren't doing a super aggressive program. How much have you lost so far, and how much more do you need to lose to meet your goal of 60 pounds this year?

Congrats on working toward your goals. :)
  • Shan_Wow89
    Shan_Wow89 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm about 47 away from my goal of 60lbs