Need Motivational Friends For Food Tracking

Options
Food tracking works, I know it, but I just have no motivation to do it. Would love some new friends so I will visit the site regularly. My weight loss journey began a long time ago and I have previously hit my goal weight, but then I fall back into old habits. Now, before it gets worse, I need to start losing and maintaining again by tracking my food. I am one week sober from chocolate (what a victory) and now I need to start tracking my food. Please feel free to add me. I am just a regular gal who actually loves to exercise, but I also love to eat. Thanks

bg3b82do1mlj.jpg
At my heaviest

qpf1mu0zfxvz.jpg
A thinner me

Replies

• susanayt97
    susanayt97 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Go for it! Food tracking is fun to me because it's interesting to learn and compare calories and macros in what I eat. I love to cook and I'm always looking for recipes that fit the amount of calories I have left, or that give me more protein (my protein intake is always low). You'll gain so much food knowledge, it's great!
    Btw congrats on your chocolate sobriety, I could never do it haha
  • bengalfitness
    bengalfitness Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey! I LOVE my food and exercise too! Add me and we can be friendsto support each other!
  • klazenby1
    klazenby1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Tracking my calorie intake is the ONLY thing that works for me. Even though I eat many of the same foods daily, if I don't weigh the foods and track them I eat too much. In the past three months I have lost 23 lbs with no exercise, no feeling of deprivation, eating very well (quality of food). It's actually almost embarrassing how easy it has been, which tells me I should have done it long ago. I started at 235 and weighed in this morning at 212. When I get to 190 I am going to add in judicious exercise.
  • Annette110FIT
    Annette110FIT Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been super good about logging in the past, and it is the only thing that works. I just can't seem to get past day one for some reason recently. I stopped logging back in January when i had a tooth problem and eating properly went by the way side. Then it has just spiraled from there. I just need a boost I guess as I keep making excuses, and the weight is slowly coming back on. So thanks you guys for the inspiration and here is to get past day one, and then day two, and then it will slowly become a habit again. I will take any other friends who need to also be motivated while motivating.
  • kimgugi
    kimgugi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting here reading your post Annette and it's exactly how I feel. Lost 32lbs before using My Fitness Pal and logged religiously. It was part of life. Fell off the wagon and have gain half the weight back. Need encouragement and motivation. The last weight loss was on a challenge at work and money was involved. Now the only motivator is my clothes feel right and want to feel better. Feeling that is not enough. Would love to keep in touch with others that have a hard time keeping on tract, let's build each other up......