c210k - tough run

Options
Last night, I knew I needed to get a run in because I put it off all day. For the first time in 3ish months, I did not feel motivated to move at all. I was tired and just didn't feel like it. With every minute, I had to convince myself to just to keep moving for another minute. I must have told myself 1000 times that if I just pushed for another minute or two then I could quit if I was still miserable.

Anyhow, I didn't quit. I pushed through. The truth is - the run felt fine. My legs were able to keep going. I was running at a comfortable pace. Everything was fine -- except for the struggle in my head the whole time. However, as I finished my last 15 min run (for W10D3), something amazing happened. I realized that I just did that run without the best conditions. At some point, you just realize that not every run is going to be a great one... but you can still appreciate what you body is doing (bc I couldn't have done that 11 weeks ago)!

Anyhow, no real reason for this post other than to offer encouragement to others. Keep going! Keep pushing! You can do this!

Replies

• stephenmrees
    stephenmrees Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A bad run is better than no run.Well done to battle through
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Not sure where you are located but if you are near Penn State this week the humidity was horrible. I had perhaps my 2 worst runs of the year this week (at least how I felt).

Sometimes it is good to push through it. Other times it is better to skip the workout and live to fight another day. :smile:
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    I generally find that if I at least try to do a run, after about 2 miles I'll settle in and the run will be fine. Not necessarily great, but usually much better than I expected. It's an important lesson. As Nike says, Just do it!
  • WR50
    WR50 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Some days I feel like Mo Farrah and other days it feels like someone tied cement shoes to my feet.
    No two days are ever the same!
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    Awesome. Not sure where you are located but if you are near Penn State this week the humidity was horrible. I had perhaps my 2 worst runs of the year this week (at least how I felt).

Sometimes it is good to push through it. Other times it is better to skip the workout and live to fight another day. :smile:

I'm not far from PSU..about an hour. I have been blaming the humidity for my desire to be lazy this week! I still was pretty active in general, but my purposeful workouts lacked this week.
  • CoueCoue
    CoueCoue Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic to hear. Big shout out to you and for finding your way on this journey.