junk food =/

Options
i was just wondering if any one has any healthier types of food they like to snack on, maybe after dinner..or if you just have a sweet tooth? i really enjoy special k bars, but i know those have high fruictose corn syrup .. thanks!

Replies

• lswiddy
    Options
    i was just wondering if any one has any healthier types of food they like to snack on, maybe after dinner..or if you just have a sweet tooth? i really enjoy special k bars, but i know those have high fruictose corn syrup .. thanks!
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    A couple of days per week I'll have a Cadbury thins dark chocolate bar. 100 calories and oh so satisfying for my sweet tooth.
    Frozen green grapes are a good sweet snack as well.
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I definitely have a sweet tooth! After dinner is the worst too...I always want dessert! :laugh:

I snack on these...
    fruit w/whip cream
    yogurt
    if I've got the calories left, a TBSP of peanut butter
    Nature's Path Organic Granola Bars w/Chocolate Chips
  • jeterbeater
    Options
    I love the skinny cow ice cream cones. They are 150 calories and well worth every one!
  • emocasia
    Options
    I always either snack on some grapefruit or oranges. And if I feel like something nice, I make a nice yogurt dessert.

Lowfat Lowcal Strawberry Yogurt

2-3 strawberries
    1-2 tsp. granulated sugar
    4-6 oz. Low fat plain yogurt

Cut the strawberries into small dices or slices and sprinkle with sugar. You will see a natural syrup start to form when you mix or fold the strawberries with the sugar. Add the mixture to the yogurt and fold until well incorporated. There you go!

Parfaits are also a good dessert as long as you cut back on any syrups or bread items such as pound cake or nilla wafers.

Hope this helps :)

-Raz
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I have a chocolate caramel protein shake mix that I'll blend with almond milk. I'll add a banana to it and 2 TBSP of peanut butter. The whole thing is about 500 calories, but it is soooo worth it! Admittedly I only have it on days when I exercise, so I have the extra calories. I've blended it and divided it into two 1 cup containers and frozen it before. Not quite Ben and Jerry's, but a good substitute!
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    My favorite after dinner "snack" is a little bowl of Cheerios. It's sweet enough to feel a little sinful but I still like that it's basically healthy.

I'm also enjoying Weight Watcher's mint chocolate chip ice cream cups. They're 140 calories per cup.
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I'm all about either sugar free or fat free pudding with fat free cool whip...very yummy!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    me and you gooch- the best dessert, and the cheesecake flavor is so good even my teenager wants some!
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    WW makes these sherbert popsical things..they are soo good..any only 60 cals
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I love the skinny cow ice cream cones. They are 150 calories and well worth every one!

Love Skinny Cow stuff, we usually have the ice cream sandwiches. Also love the Weight Watchers Chocolate Cookie ice cream bar..both around 100-140 calories and soo yummy. Just found Hersheys sticks at the store yesterday, dark chocolate individually wrapped for 60 calories each..only 120 calories if you can't stop at 1:blushing: .
  • mandersen16
    Options
    I make chocolate instant pudding and put in protein powder in it so it at least has a purpose to eating it. In the book "Eating for Life" there are TONS of recipes in it for low fat/calorie desserts!
  • wooch44085
    wooch44085 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I take a graham cracker and break it in 1/2 - fill it with 2 TBSP of cool whip free and then put it in the freezer - a homemade "ice cream sandwich". It is only 85 calories.

also the hershey 100 calorie choc covered pretzels or dark chocolate bar

and 90 calorie curves popcorn