nutrition information at bottom of the food page that you log

Options
At the end of the day, and you are finished logging in your food diary, what if you have not met each of the goals suggested for you to meet. Such as, not meeting the recommended grams of carbohydrates or sodium, etc. I meet my calorie goal and fat goal and protein but the others I do not . Do Ihave to meet each recommended nutrient .

Replies

• lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Unless you are following a diet where you place a lot of value on getting your macro percentages just right, no. I don't usually meet all of them. Sometimes I am over on protein or fiber, under on fat, or spot on. Ultimately overall calories matter most for weight loss, but the right macro balance can help you feel more satisfied on your amount of calories.
  • MsChucktowski
    MsChucktowski Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, the only thing that matters is sticking to your calorie goal.

Personally, I try to meet my protein, iron and fibre goals, then fat (usually not hard lol) and I don't really worry about carbs or sodium.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I barely ever look at the macros etc. I don't want to get obsessed with minor details.

I keep the Nutrition section open at the Calories (Kilojoules) tab.

It lets me know my weekly calories. Some days I go over, so some days I go under, and that tab lets me stick to my weekly goal.