No Soda Challenge

Options

Replies

• exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I've been soda free for awhile -- but I'll give up coffee for awhile =)
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    i would love to do this, however, mt dew has me addicted. i have to have at least one a day or i will go nuts!

try at least cutting down then!
  • numbersguy404
    Options
    Working on dropping regular soda (2 weeks so far). Really a drag. Lived on the stuff like water through my teenage years. Have moved off to water and drinks flavored with artificial sweeteners including diet sodas.

Really need to dump the diet sodas. Just feel like I'm using it as a crutch at the moment :(.
  • jend114
    Options
    day 1 down, now day 2.
  • cibolodave
    cibolodave Posts: 45
    Options
    I have been off of sodas for two weeks now and do not miss it.
  • nuviag
    nuviag Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    ughh i failed at subway yesterday...here i go again new day i must resist....
  • SMarie1219
    SMarie1219 Posts: 67
    Options
    So far today I've done great! Tea and water... I didn't even have my coffee this morning!
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz just talked about this on his show yesterday, and had a 30 plan to kick the habit, I'm sure you can find this on his website.
  • sjf1218
    sjf1218 Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm in....I gave up my diet Pepsi last week and I'm a diet pepsi addict. But I'm still having my 2 cups of coffee every morning :)
  • dcain2
    dcain2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am in!
  • gustafae
    gustafae Posts: 6
    Options
    Giving up soda is easy...me being a coffee hater it is the caffeine I want. My neurologist said it is great for my headaches and migraines but I can't have diet soda because sugar substitutes also give me headaches and migraines. I have had no trouble scrapping it for the last week so I bet you can do it too!!
  • jend114
    Options
    day 3! Lets do it!
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I have given it up before and got a killer headache that lasted 4 days...
    I havent had any soda now in 2 days, and feel fine...I also gave up cofffee, but I am doing decaf tea....I may have to bring coffee (decaf) back in if I keep off the soda!
  • SMarie1219
    Options
    No Soda for 2 days now! Feeling great about it!
  • jend114
    Options
    working on day 4 today!
  • jend114
    Options
    day 5!
  • lucythinmint
    lucythinmint Posts: 239
    Options
    I gave up soda almost 2 years ago. Best decision I ever made!
  • Peffy
    Peffy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used to be really addicted to Coca Cola! I was sipping on soda cans since a toddler! Then last July I decided I had to cut it out of my life as there were no positive benefits I was getting from it.

The first few days were a bit tough and I would get the occasional craving for it. It's been a year now and I've probably consumed one cup of it since then. Every time I've had a sip of it, I just can't believe how I used to live off of this. The taste is awful to me now!

I only drink water now (I love it!) and skimmed milk. I'm not into tea or coffee so I don't have any caffeine in my life anymore and it feels awesome.

So for all of you doing this challenge, keep with it! You definitely won't regret it.
  • rjcogirl13
    rjcogirl13 Posts: 23
    Options
    im in :)
  • SMarie1219
    Options
    So I broke and had a soda yesterday :( I didn't really want one, needed caffeine and the coffee was HORRIBLE at the hotel we were staying at. So I drake one coke and did not enjoy it at all actually. It upset my stomach!! I think that was even more motivation to stay off the stuff!