Healthy Lo-Cal DESSERT

Options
Any good recipes out there? I've been craving chocolate recently...

Replies

• orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Not home made but the Enlightened ice cream pops and the Yasso fro yo pops are 100 calories and under. And they're delicious. Healthy? Well check them out. Got some protein and got some fat. Worth it though.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Define healthy?
  • kms234
    kms234 Posts: 132 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I made these chocolate PB muffins last week and they are pretty amazing!

http://www.chelseasmessyapron.com/skinny-double-chocolate-peanut-butter-muffins/

rcm5pkpz5wfj.png
  • Stacyines
    Stacyines Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Buy some cocoa powder or use chocolate protein powder. Blend with almond milk (preferable) or coconut milk, ice and an additional low calorie sweetener and make a sorbet! (I use Splenda or 5 calorie aguave syrup)
    So delish!
  • hayleyrachels1990
    hayleyrachels1990 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • Candicecasasnovas27
    Options
    Halo top sundaes
  • briwillman12
    briwillman12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate drizzled over fresh raspberries, or even mangos ❤️
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Healthish 1) frozen banana slices with a drizzle of chocolate and some crushed walnuts on top 2) fake fudge 1/4 cup pb, 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, 1-2 TBS cocoa powder (unsweetened) melt together and form a big square. Then after it cools in the fridge you can cut little fidget squares
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TMcNeil82
    TMcNeil82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Banana berry smoothie (no ice-cream): half a banana, 150ml milk, one strawberry and optional 5-8 blueberries. Blend. Sweet and filling.
  • narspips
    narspips Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    1 ready-made meringue nest from a supermarket (50 cals) crumbled up in a bowl with some Greek yoghurt (as much or as little as you like), some fresh raspberries/blueberries and (optionally) about 10g of melted dark chocolate drizzled over the top. The calorie count varies depending on how much yoghurt you have, but I generally have something similar for less than 200 calories.

The meringues will have a bit of sugar in them but it's still low-calorie and doesn't really feel like it :)
  • multiplesarcasm
    multiplesarcasm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    6oz container Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt (plain)
    2 Splenda packets
    2 Truvia packets
    3/4 scoop of EAS AdvantEdge vanilla protein powder

Mix together and eat. It tastes like vanilla buttercream frosting, and has the same thick spreadable consistency. I've tried using other protein powders (Optimum Nutrition, Dymatize, BSN, etc) but they didn't have the same mouth feel. (I prefer the other brands for protein shakes, but EAS has a airy, powdery consistency that's perfect for this "recipe," and it's super cheap!)

Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt (6oz) = 100 calories
    Splenda = 0 calories
    Truvia = 0 calories
    EAS AdvantEdge vanilla (3/4 scoop) = 45 calories

Total: 145 calories, 30g of protein
  • xOlaf
    xOlaf Posts: 39 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Whenever I crave something sweet, I melt some chocolate and drizzle it over a cup of strawberries, a fruit I always have fresh in the fridge. Or, I opt for the yogurt raisins sold at the store. Not healthy, but it hits the spot. We're all allowed to eat some junk here and there to keep sane :) Oh, and I like to buy the pre-made flan cups too. Those are yummy!
  • jbhistory
    jbhistory Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I second Halo Top!
  • BPRKEY
    BPRKEY Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I third Halo Top! (The Red Velvet is my fave).
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Not chocolate, but one of my favourite hot weather desserts, and as a bonus, it is low cal:
    Prepare jello according to instructions. Let it cool and set completely.
    Prepare a second batch, but with half the water. Add greek yoghurt (low fat works) instead of the water you skipped.
    Let it cool to room temperature, and add it on top of the jello layer. Let it set.
    You can repeat with as many layers as you like, the more you add, the more impressive the outcome.