Here l go again

Feel like l have been dieting my whole life, this time it's not about a diet it's about a lifestyle change and realizing that my whole way of thinking has to change. Am 63 years old and not as active as l used to be because of arthritis in the knees. Raising 4 grandchildren and keeping up with them is tough. So time to get my energy and health back so l can be here for my family. Love to walk when l can, work in my garden, crocheting and love to read.

Replies

• gloriahart606
    gloriahart606 Posts: 2 Member
    Gosh I'm 62 and I'm on another weight loss program with a local hospital.
    My back has many issues and both knees have endured accidents
    I lost 70 pounds while incorporating lifestyle changes 4 years ago. Sadly due to Accidents weight and habits started to reverse. Now is the time for us to take control of this thing and get healthy. More important than ever as we get older! For every pound of weight it's 4 pounds on our joints! I just lost 12 pounds over the last 5 weeks. That's 48 pounds off the knees!
    I still work full time on my feet all day so this needs to be done.
    Thanks for sharing and keep the faith!
    Gloria
  • libbymac68
    libbymac68 Posts: 10 Member
    Harder to get the weight off as you get older, more prone to be less active especially with arthritis. I went shopping with my three grandson's Saturday for some new clothes and walking around for 3 hours really hammered it home to my knee's. So l realize that walking is out for exercise for me so l was thinking about investing in a 3 wheel bike as my balance isn't so good anymore. At least then l can get out and do some riding around. Maybe as the weight comes off l can work my way back to walking some! I used to walk for miles and do miss just getting out there and walking 2 or 3 miles a day.