Where can I find work out routines?

Options
I workout with a trainer once a week and twice on my own. I'm looking for a 10-15 minute routine focusing on my core and abs (although all-over is ok too), that uses free weights that I can do on my solo days at the gym. I did ask my trainer for one, but I get the distinct impression that he kinda makes it up as he goes along, and I don't want to show up empty handed on Monday if he doesn't leave me a workout.

Anyone have suggestions for a good site? I'll Google it, but I thought someone might have a favorite place to go.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

481471 Posts: 95
    Options
    its not online but i would suggest some of jillian michaels stuff.
    30ds is a good all round one,
    perhaps if you are concentrating on your core, maybe 6 week 6 pack?
    look at some of her others as well perhaps? good luck! x
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I workout with a trainer once a week and twice on my own. I'm looking for a 10-15 minute routine focusing on my core and abs (although all-over is ok too), that uses free weights that I can do on my solo days at the gym. I did ask my trainer for one, but I get the distinct impression that he kinda makes it up as he goes along, and I don't want to show up empty handed on Monday if he doesn't leave me a workout.

Anyone have suggestions for a good site? I'll Google it, but I thought someone might have a favorite place to go.

Thanks in advance.

Your trainer sounds like mine.. He kinda flys by the seat of pants too when it comes to workout routines.

What I do, is take whatever exercises he has me do and do them on my own... and kind of make up my own routine.

For core and abs though, planks, oblique twists with a medicine ball and sit ups with a medicine ball are all routines that you can do on your own. For the oblique twists and sit ups I use an 8 pound ball and do 3 sets of 30/15. Planks I do 3 sets for 30 seconds each
  • Shells77
    Shells77 Posts: 22
    Options
    I have found some great ab workouts on Women's Health magazine; their website, that is.

Serious planks plus planks and knee tucks. The oblique twist machine at my gym is brutal.

Plus, there's this move called the dead bug. Look it up. Man, does that thing kill but totally work.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Also look for books. I usually search books on Amazon, then try to borrow it from the library (including using the inter-library loan). If you like, then buy it. There are good books like:

* Maximum Strength: Get Your Strongest Body in 16 Weeks with the Ultimate Weight-Training Program
    * Body for Life: 12 Weeks to Mental and Physical Strength
    * The Women's Health Big Book of Exercises: Four Weeks to a Leaner, Sexier, Healthier YOU!
    * 101 Workouts for Women: Everything You Need to Get a Lean, Strong and Fit Physique
    * The New Rules of Lifting for Women: Lift Like a Man, Look Like a Goddess

For DVDs:
    * P90x have awesome strength training workout (cheaper than paying PT, go to eBay or craiglist)
    * Bob Harper: Pure Burn Super Strength
    * ... the list go on
  • ActiveTami
    ActiveTami Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Since I like variety I was looking for workouts that were different everyday. This also helps your body not get used to the same exercise over and over. These two sites seem to be the best I have found so far.

http://randomabs.com/today/

http://www.bodyrock.tv/

They can be tough but you can work up to them by just doing the best you can. The first one doesn't seem to require any equipment. Bodyrock requires some different kind of equipment but I just imporvise with what I have available to me. These are easy enough to write down the routine and take it to the gym too. Have fun!