5 Month Progress in 5 Pictures

Options
mhbrz
mhbrz Posts: 20 Member
edited August 2017 in Success Stories
tui2mogxsy3j.jpg

Height: 5'11"

I hit my goal weight today! :^) Thought I'd share because seeing other people's stories has inspired me, and it's nice to know people are on similar journeys.

I’ve been watching my macros, and sticking to 1350kcal/day the first 2 months, then I went down to 1200kcal/day for 2 months. I am now slowly increasing the calories until I figure out how many calories work for maintaining my weight. I don’t do any cardio or exercise, but I do walk a lot and average 12000 steps/day.

Words cannot describe how much better I feel today than I did in the first picture! It really was just a matter of changing habits for me. I'd gone down a spiral of binge-eating almost daily, and was basically addicted to sugar. Within 2 months of logging everything I eat and sticking to my calorie-limit, my cravings completely disappeared. I really didn't expect to feel so satisfied whilst controlling what I eat. So worth it! :^)

Good luck to everyone starting! <3

Replies

• sargent1976
    sargent1976 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You're so inspirational. Amazing to see how much can be done in 5 months. I'm very motivated now x
  • hoffman2300
    hoffman2300 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Wow! totally inspirational - thanks for sharing!
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    This is amazing! Congratulations!!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Fabulous- what a blessing- Be Blessed!
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Great job, very impressive.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    I was going to post earlier that your set of 5 pics are very inspirational, especially for those who aren't seeing a difference in the early days of weight loss, but was too into lazing in the sun with a cold beer.

I should have.

I have already linked to this post in a thread where someone was feeling a little discouraged by visible results, I hope you don't mind.

Cheers, h.
  • garlo12
    garlo12 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Wow this is Awesome and so inspirational!!! :)
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation!
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Wow - great set of photos. Thank you for inspiring me :)
  • majess1022
    majess1022 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic. Very very well done :)
  • mhbrz
    mhbrz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was going to post earlier that your set of 5 pics are very inspirational, especially for those who aren't seeing a difference in the early days of weight loss, but was too into lazing in the sun with a cold beer.

I should have.

I have already linked to this post in a thread where someone was feeling a little discouraged by visible results, I hope you don't mind.

Cheers, h.

Hey! Thank you! And that's totally cool, I'm happy for my progress to be shared if it gives people the motivation they need to continue (:

Forcing myself to take pictures every few weeks has really helped me continue. Even the 2nd picture was a shock when I compared it to the first! I never would have seen the difference otherwise.

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, awesome job
  • DanSanthomes
    DanSanthomes Posts: 134 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Seriously - this should be a sticky! No fads, no magic pills, no messing, just plain old sticking to calories in/calories out.

That is how it's done, missus. Fantastic job! :)
  • VeggieBev
    VeggieBev Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm just starting today and this has made me feel so motivated. Well done!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Huge transformation. you did awesome

10116386.png
  • Cando58
    Cando58 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great pics and you are such an inspiration. This tall woman thanks you!!
  • cizzawizza
    cizzawizza Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Fantastic pics, they are really impressive. Thanks for sharing
  • serenissima14
    serenissima14 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing these --totally inspiring!
  • ilovejesus21471
    ilovejesus21471 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome and thank you for sharing...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!