Walking/ running shoes

Options
Okay y'all I replaced my walking shoes yesterday after having 450 miles on them. I'm wearing the Hoka Clifton 3's with support inserts. What brand shoes is everyone else wearing and why did you choose them?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Sketchers for me for walking.
  • Fallfrenzy
    Fallfrenzy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I like altra shoes for both walking and running. Nice room in the toe box and good support for me. Prior to this I was using brooks for running, since they were roomy in the toe box and good for stability, since I have flat feet.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Meindl for walking and Mizuno for running
    In both cases I went for advice from experts - With the Meindl shoes I am on 6th pair and love wearing them though I may have so switch as my feet have shrunk
    The Mizuno are my first real running shoes and I chose them as they fitted best and after a video analysis by the running store
  • BeYouTiful94
    BeYouTiful94 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    New Balance Fresh Foam Zante v3, because they chose me. I just recently "seriously" picked up running, and made the rookie mistake of buying running shoes online. I'm super flat footed, so I went for stability and got Asics GT 2000 4's. My knees hurt like crazy so I went to a running store and was told the shoes were the cause of my knee pain because I actually have a neutral stride and the shoes weren't allowing that. The first shoe the guy picked for me were the Zante's. Instantly loved them but still tried on just about every other shoe in the store. Kept coming back to those so ... the shoe chose me. No pain since :)
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I alternate between Altras and Merrells. I chose them because zero drop shoes eliminated a lot of foot pain I was having in other shoes.
  • Suerhv
    Suerhv Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    New Balance because I can get a wide fitting shoe...880 and 1080s I liked Hoka Bondi 4's too but not the new ones.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    coxwill45 wrote: »
    Okay y'all I replaced my walking shoes yesterday after having 450 miles on them. I'm wearing the Hoka Clifton 3's with support inserts. What brand shoes is everyone else wearing and why did you choose them?

I have had really good luck with Salomon X-Mission trail runners for walking. Good support, their lacing system gives me good compression on the arthritic foot, they last a long time (usually I blow out the little toes, not on these), and the soles are good for all kinds of terrain from sidewalks to gravel trails to woodland hiking.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Asics
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    For walking, I chose New Balance Vazee Urge v1 in wide. Lower heel, more arch support, and room for my bunions, which hate raised heels.

I hike in Adidas trail runners because the higher heels on my hiking boots kill my bunions.
  • Ryokat
    Ryokat Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I just walk in my retired running shoes, which are Asics.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Asics Kayano for running, retired Asics with arch inserts for walking.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I used to run in aisics but wanted to give Brooks a try since several people recommended them. I'm now on my 3rd pair of Brooks Ghost and love them.
  • Tsoufla
    Tsoufla Posts: 30 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

CoachJen71 wrote: »
    For walking, I chose New Balance Vazee Urge v1 in wide. Lower heel, more arch support, and room for my bunions, which hate raised heels.

I hike in Adidas trail runners because the higher heels on my hiking boots kill my bunions.

I will have to try these. I have terrible bunions too.
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I love my Hoka shoes. I wear Hoka Bondi 5 for jogging/running & regular cardio, Gaviota for bootcamp. Most comfy & supportive shoes I've ever used.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I have a pair of Hoka One One's. I still use them sometimes just for walking, but they were horrible for me for running. They are extremely cushioned and very comfortable in that regard, but they are such a heavy shoe that I found they were making my legs tire out quickly on runs.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    Nike or saucony make the best running shoes I've used thus far.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Saucony. I tried insoles before that in some cheaper shoes and hated it. I went to a place where they fit you and find shoes for you depending on your price range/needs. They found me these and they were affordable and comfy!!
  • Grnhouse
    Grnhouse Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I go between new balance 512 and ryka running.
  • RedSierra
    RedSierra Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Brooks Launch 4. I read reviews on Amazon and then tried them on in the store near my house, plus tried on lots of other shoes. They were the most comfortable for my type of foot. I love them.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Asics Nimbus. I supinate and like the cushion.