Weightloss has stalled at the most frustrating point

Options
April 17 I was 252 lbs. Four months later I was 200.4. Big loss. I went to sleep thinking the next day I might be 200.
Nope...200.2
Ok. It'll be the next day. Maybe even...UNDER 200??!!
Nope..200.4
The next day...200.6
Ok, no problem. Weight fluctuates.
The next day...200.4
Then I went to a party and 201 happened.

I know it will come off soon and this isn't really a stall but being under 200 is a big goal for me. I think my body is teasing me for not giving it junk food.

Replies

• rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Well OP. You started off fast.
    Everything now will slow down.
    It's just the reality
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing, one day it'll just go BAM! Nice job.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Has this just been over a few days? If so then just ignore it, you can't really see if your weight loss is stalling over a week.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Don't you just love how our bodies conspire to taunt us like that?

Seriously, though, you're bouncing around due to water weight. If it's really frustrating you, lower your sodium a bit for a day or two and drink plenty of fluids and you'll see Onederland.

Probably bounce back up over it at least once or twice in the next several weeks, though.
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    OP, I was there too. Hit 201 the day before my preset "get below 200 for my birthday" goal. Went away for a wedding that weekend. Came home and weighed 205. It took almost three weeks to hit 199. But it happened.

Nice! I'm sure it will happen for me. I'm not worried really...just anxious to pass that goal. It actually had been making me laugh every morning.
    To the person who suggested I give up bread- I hardly eat bread at all. Once or twice a week I have a slice of Ezekiel whole grain bread (80 calories) and once a week my coworker gives me a bite of his bagel. :)
    I'm not diligent about logging my food but I don't eat much so I doubt it's over 1200 cals a day.
    Today i ate: an egg, 1/4 cup of low fat shredded cheese, a tomato, a mango, about 10 roadted peanuts in the shell, 1/2 an ear of corn, about a tablespoon of olive oil, and probably 4 oz of roasted chicken.
    So whatever It is, it is. That's all I wanted. I don't use sugar and use olive oil spray if I need oil, so it's not a lot.
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    mij140 wrote: »
    I know how you feel. Remember, this is a race...not a marathon. It's a lifelong commitment and not temporary.

I think most people know they should only weigh weekly. I'm guilty of weighing myself every morning. Haha.

OP, I've lost 94 lbs and I can tell you that there were times where the weight poured off of me. I also had times where I'd gain 10 more back. Don't be hard on yourself and treat your body right. Be proud of how far you've come.

Congratulations! Great job!
    I know it's water weight, of just my body catching up.
    I don't get frustrated usually... actually since I do weigh every day, I often look back at my weight from 2 weeks prior and it usually evens out to 2-3 lbs a week.
    Hopefully I'll get under 200 this week.
    :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I'm not diligent about logging my food but I don't eat much so I doubt it's over 1200 cals a day.
    Today i ate: an egg, 1/4 cup of low fat shredded cheese, a tomato, a mango, about 10 roadted peanuts in the shell, 1/2 an ear of corn, about a tablespoon of olive oil, and probably 4 oz of roasted chicken.
    So whatever It is, it is. That's all I wanted. I don't use sugar and use olive oil spray if I need oil, so it's not a lot.
    Starting out, it doesn't take much to lose weight. But as you lose, your margin of error starts to get smaler. If it turns out you aren't losing weight, or not losing as expected, this is what you need to look into next. You can't be sure how much you eat unless you do track diligently. This means weighing on a food scale and logging the exact amount of the exact item you use, and not forgetting anything. (About and probably will be banned from your vocabulary.) Oil spray is oil, and can you really push the button for less than a second? You don't have to cut out anything when you log correctly.
  • 40lbslighter
    40lbslighter Posts: 479 Member
    Options

You can't be sure how much you eat unless you do track diligently...
    You don't have to cut out anything when you log correctly.

This.

Knowledge is power. You may actually be eating less than 1200 calories and just don't know it. If so, you could be putting your body in starvation mode, or at least slowing your metabolism, making it extremely difficult to lose weight.

I also agree with another poster about recalculating your calorie goals upon losing some pounds. I re-guestimate my caloric needs using the BMR (basic metabolic rate) calculation after losing each 5 pounds or so.

If nothing else, I strongly encourage you to at least start logging your meals. Even without a food scale, you will have a much clearer picture of your calories in than you do now. You will also be developing a habit that may keep moving you in the right direction when times get tough.

Just my three cents worth of advice. :)

Best of wishes in a happy, healthy life!