I'm new, like advice and some friends :)

Options
I've been at planet fitness for 5 months now and I've been trying to go at least 4 times a week. And I'm trying to eat less. I really haven't lost any weight. I do have bad eating habits and I'm not on a strict diet. But I'm a college student who has may be 20 minutes between class and work after going to college all day and not a lot of money to stop healthy. Plus. I don't even know where to begin at changing my whole lifestyle.

Last time I weighed myself I weigh 219 lbs. I'm trying so hard just to get to 165 lbs. Any suggestions?

Replies

• rdix333
    rdix333 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Less calories. That's the secret. What does mfp give u for your calorie goal? Follow it and u will lose weight.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is all about consuming fewer calories than you burn. Exercise can help you to achieve a deficit but exercise is not necessary for weight loss (it is great for your health though).

If you plug your stats into MFP, with your activity level excluding purposeful exercise, and set it to lose 0.5lb or 1lb a week, it will give you a calorie goal. Aim to eat that per day, plus a portion of your exercise calories.

The best tool to help you will be a digital food scale to weigh all solid food. You'll get there!
  • SashaMaja
    SashaMaja Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I think the advice you have been given is excellent and I don't have anything to add. But feel free to add me as a friend if you want to.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    You don't have to go on a strict diet, and you don't have to eat special foods. Just log what you eat and hit your calorie goal. Exercise can help (and is good for you), but it isn't required to lose weight.
  • b_fanger
    b_fanger Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Avoid fast food and junk food stock up on fruit and veggies. An apple will cost you less than a big mac is better for you