Eating Disorder Recovery Weight Loss

Options
Heyy,

So I've struggled with Bulimia since I was around 12-13trd old and I'm tutning 21 this year... Depressing.

I've been diagnosed with severe depression and am generally fed up with ruining my body and life. Is anybody in the same boat?

I'm 4'11 and weighed in the morning at 112.2Lbs and am looking to get to 100 Lbs. I've always been vegan and try not to eat refined sugar, had it for he first time a couple of months ago and that made me b&p like absolute mad.

Anyway, I'm looking to connect with other people who have/are gone/going through similar things so that we can motivate and support each other :)

Replies

• Saltfae
    Saltfae Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I was anorexic and have a tendency to fall back into that mindset when losing weight. Feel free to add me
  • adverbian
    adverbian Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Recovery is a long road. I have always struggled with depression, and I was anorexic when I was 13. In my 20s, I periodically tried to lose weight in a healthy way, but always wound up triggering major eating disorder thoughts and behaviors and had to stop.

I'm now 35, and only just now have I healed enough to be able to track calories without obsessing, judging myself, or harming myself. I just bought a scale for the first time in my life, and I'm very nervous and cautious about how I will handle tracking my weight. I'm very much on guard in case the old thoughts come back.

I agree with other posters that you really need to talk to your doctor and therapist. Please take care of yourself.
  • yourfitnessenemy
    yourfitnessenemy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    112 is really a perfect weight for your height; I'd work on therapy, body positivity, and (if you wish) fitness and forget about the scale if I were you. Easier said than done, I know! I wish you luck!
  • angel5392
    angel5392 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I have bulimia :(
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You need to speak to your parents, doctor and treatment team