Lost focus

Options
Losing focus and have gained 3 pounds back :-/ I need to get back on my diet!! How do you guys maintain focus and don't give in to cravings? It's hard

Replies

• ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I'm there right now myself. It's terribly hot and humid here in the deep south and I'm not particularly interested in cooking at home a lot so we are eating out often. It's also more challenging to work out as hard because I don't get outside this time of year.

Since I know where the problem is I've decided to work with it instead of fight against it. I'm content to keep my weight under control for the next couple of months until this heat breaks. I'm monitoring my weight and tracking my calories as best as I can with estimates from restaurant food. I figure maybe I'll put on 2-3 lbs or so by the end of September.

Then I'll get back on my plan when it's more comfortable outside.

Have you figured out why you've lost focus? What's getting in the way? Figure that out and get back on track in whatever way works best for you. It's a long road. Don't sweat the small stuff. LOL

• ccathyc25
    ccathyc25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Not sure if it's stress from work but all I seem to want to do is eat lol. 1,400 calories a day feels like I'm starving! Gonna keep a positive mindset and start just getting out walking and see if that works! Been a little hot here to but nothing compared to what you guys deal with down south! Good luck with your weight loss journey and thanks for the inspiration!!
  • LoveMusic4Life
    LoveMusic4Life Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have fallen off the wagon for weeks because of stress at work but today i have given myself a kick up the backside lol. The more you tell yourself you shouldnt have certain things the more you crave them. The best way i deal with it is to just give into it but set a limit, and when you eat it then just take it slow and savour the flavours! Not sure if this helps everyone, all i know is that it helps me.
    I have started to log back to MFP after a break.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Write down new goals. Put them on fridge.
    Holidays are right around the corner. You want to look good. You want to be able to enjoy eating the "goodies" then.
  • ccathyc25
    ccathyc25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys! Good advice and I will surely use it!