Plus size girl never worked out before.

Options
Hey fitness fam, my name is Kaisey. I am 24 years old and this is the first time in my life I decided to work on getting healthier. I have attempted dieting hundreds of times before but I know now that my motivation was based on the way i wanted to look rather than to being healthier. I would love to get some friends that can relate and help me stay motivated. <3:*<3

Replies

• QJ18
    QJ18 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Let's be friends. :) I am also a plus-size girl. I discovered exercise a year ago and found out how to exercise for the first time in my life. I fell off the wagon, now I'm back on track to getting healthy and strong! Happy to motivate, encourage, and share fitness tips.
  • Kaiseyface
    Kaiseyface Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    QJ18 wrote: »
    Let's be friends. :) I am also a plus-size girl. I discovered exercise a year ago and found out how to exercise for the first time in my life. I fell off the wagon, now I'm back on track to getting healthy and strong! Happy to motivate, encourage, and share fitness tips.

That sounds wonderful. ♡ I am excited to be a cheerleader in your health journey :smile:
  • candika3
    candika3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yall will do great I'm sure of it
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • Ana7172015
    Ana7172015 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Me too! Just getting started would love some friends
  • Pepsab
    Pepsab Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Same here i am trying really hard to work out :wink:
  • Kaiseyface
    Options
    candika3 wrote: »
    Yall will do great I'm sure of it

Thank you
  • Kaiseyface
    Options
    Pepsab wrote: »
    Same here i am trying really hard to work out :wink:

I am proud of you! :)
  • Kaiseyface
    Options
    Ana7172015 wrote: »
    Me too! Just getting started would love some friends

I'll add ya
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Hello, Kaisey, Welcome to MFP, you can do this, All the best!! feel free to add me.
  • times60
    times60 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Pleased add me. Today is my first day. I want to get out of Plus Size clothing.
  • MarieMckenji85
    MarieMckenji85 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. plus sized lady who loves bike riding and wants outta my size 18 jeans.
  • NiceSpydr
    NiceSpydr Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm also a plus sized girl! Please, everyone, feel free to add me. I'm looking for friends and motivation.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    good luck!
  • Volbeat79
    Volbeat79 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I've been here awhile and would love to help. Feel free to add.
  • pilarslayer
    pilarslayer Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    hi everyone! If you want you can add me. I know I'm not a plus sized girl but, I try to encourage as much as I can and I log everyday.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Best of luck and hang in there!!!!
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Kaiseyface wrote: »
    Hey fitness fam, my name is Kaisey. I am 24 years old and this is the first time in my life I decided to work on getting healthier. I have attempted dieting hundreds of times before but I know now that my motivation was based on the way i wanted to look rather than to being healthier. I would love to get some friends that can relate and help me stay motivated. <3:*<3

I just want to tell you... you can do this! I started January 11th of this year at 260 lbs. I am currently 4 lbs away from 100 lbs loss and I have done it by changing what and how much I eat as well as moving more. That is truthfully all it takes and I must add, I am much older than you. If I can do it.. you certainly can. Set your mind to it and push everyday. It won't take long and you will have formed new habits and seeing change will drive you to see more change. My best piece of advice is to take Progress Pictures... starting now. I know it doesn't sound like something you want to do right now, but Trust Me... you will be glad you did. Even if you show them to no one and only use them for yourself... progress pictures are crucial to success in weight loss. There will be times when you feel like you've not made any progress and a picture will show you different. Wishing you the best of luck!! You Got This!!
  • Kaiseyface
    Options
    Kaiseyface wrote: »

I just want to tell you... you can do this! I started January 11th of this year at 260 lbs. I am currently 4 lbs away from 100 lbs loss and I have done it by changing what and how much I eat as well as moving more. That is truthfully all it takes and I must add, I am much older than you. If I can do it.. you certainly can. Set your mind to it and push everyday. It won't take long and you will have formed new habits and seeing change will drive you to see more change. My best piece of advice is to take Progress Pictures... starting now. I know it doesn't sound like something you want to do right now, but Trust Me... you will be glad you did. Even if you show them to no one and only use them for yourself... progress pictures are crucial to success in weight loss. There will be times when you feel like you've not made any progress and a picture will show you different. Wishing you the best of luck!! You Got This!!

I got to say this is incredibly inspiring and sweet. I am pretty excited to be on this journey :)