Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge [Term 16] - 8 Week Challenge

Kisame29
Kisame29 Posts: 9,520 Member
HRS1lEw.gif

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is approaching our 16th term and we're opening up the application to anyone would like to apply :)

First, some information about what to expect from your term at Hogwarts:

Basics:
  • Term 16 will be an 8-week challenge that will run from Monday, September 4th (with starting weigh-in on 9/1/17 to 9/3/17) through Sunday, October 29th. You will receive a response about whether you have been accepted or placed on the wait list on ~8/30/17.
  • The term will be themed around the 1st Harry Potter book - Harry Potter and the Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone. We'll be going back to the beginning!
  • We have a variety of challenges including food/dietary challenges (Potions), trivia (Defense Against the Dark Arts), and physical challenges (Quidditch), as well as other challenges including some based around the term's theme.
  • All players will be sorted into houses. These are your teams - look to each other for advice, support, and motivation. Houses may have around 30 students/house, potentially more depending on the amount of interest we receive. (For example, we did increase to 35 students/house for Term 15).
  • Each week, players will weigh themselves on either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday (EST). Weight loss will be totaled up (not by pounds lost, but by percentage, similar to the Muggle television show Biggest Loser) for each house.
  • Houses will be awarded house points based on challenges completed each week.
  • The House Cup will be awarded to the house with the most points at the end of the term!

For those interested in enrolling in Hogwarts, here is the application form for you to complete: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1u0P9PUY90WatUieifZLT63gak9xLByqkWZgCwQeMv_Y
-If you have trouble submitting the google form, feel free to PM me your answers and I will submit them for you!

We encourage you to submit your application as early as possible to ensure you don't miss out on a place at the school. In order to maintain a similar number of students in each house, students may be invited to join houses other than their first choice. If you list a dealbreaker house (or indicate that you only want your first choice), that will be respected, but you will be less likely to get a place at Hogwarts due to space availability.

Please be assured that if we are unable to sort you into a house at this stage, we will place you on the wait list for any openings that arise throughout the term. If you stay on the wait list throughout the term (which happens to some potential students due to the amount of interest in the challenge), then you will be invited to join the next term before it gets posted on the forums which pretty much guarantees that you will get in that term if you apply before it is posted on the forums since the roster fills up quickly once we post here ;)

Once you have been accepted, a prefect will contact you and you will receive an invitation to the School group and your House Common Room here on MFP. Acceptance owls (as well as Wait List owls) are planned to be sent out around ~8/30 (shortly before term will begin). If you are worried about whether your application was received before than, feel free to send me a PM and I can confirm if it was received.

***If you see this thread after the challenge has begun and want to apply, you may use the googleofrm application since it will place you on the wait list (although please PM @Kisame29 to be added to the wait list if it has been than one month since this post).

Hogwarts is an equal opportunity school and has openings available for people with all levels of ability, as well as places for students who are maintaining or gaining weight. There are always modifications allowed on the main tasks to allow students of all fitness levels participate.

Questions may be posted here, although if you would like a quick answer please send me a PM! I hope to see many of you join us at Hogwarts :)

Sincerely yours,
Kisame29 (Hogwarts Headgirl)

Replies

• xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Can't wait for a new term!
  • BettyDares
    BettyDares Posts: 1,498 Member
    Awesome, I am looking forward to it!!!
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,084 Member
    Yeah, me too! B)
  • tammymoore24
    tammymoore24 Posts: 2,070 Member
    Waiting for the next term to start!!
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    This is such an amazing group!
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Can't wait for another term to begin! Love the challenges and the team spirit. :)
  • krokokachka
    krokokachka Posts: 1 Member
    Can't wait for it!
  • gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Missing the challenge can't wait for the new term.
  • MichelleRenee_76
    MichelleRenee_76 Posts: 155 Member
    New to this type of challenge, sounds fun and motivating!
  • Freischuetz
    Freischuetz Posts: 147 Member
    how about joining while gaining weight? sounds pretty funny
  • Loribh0126
    Loribh0126 Posts: 627 Member
    Can't wait!
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,084 Member
    One week left until the new term! B)
  • zelminashibby
    zelminashibby Posts: 9 Member
    Hot damn I am so looking forward :):):):)
  • dustbringer
    dustbringer Posts: 1,621 Member

@Freischuetz, that's a good question! There are maintainers in the group, so I guess it might be possible! I don't know if you've talked to anyone outside of this thread, but maybe you should PM @Kisame29 or @xxghost and see what they say. :)
  • DobbyWinky
    DobbyWinky Posts: 11 Member
    This looks fun. I'm new to mfp, didn't know that this sort of thing was here! :smiley:
  • Kisame29

You can! We exclude people who are maintaining and gaining from contributing to the house's weight loss % (so it doesn't hurt their house by gaining or maintaining) and you can't win Biggest Loser each week of course, but you get points for meeting your goal (ie gaining from last week) ;)

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,054 Member
    Rejoining this term. Sent in my application.
  • Kisame29
    Also just a reminder since I've had a few PMs now - Acceptance owls (as well as Wait List owls) are planned to be sent out around ~8/30 (shortly before term will begin).

Due to different time zones, please give myself and the prefects until the end of 8/31 to send you a PM. If you have not heard from anyone by 9/1, then feel free to send me a PM so I can look into what happened :)
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,820 Member
    I can't wait till next term too!!!!