Options

Replies

• cowleyl
    cowleyl Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    mhbrz wrote: »
    tui2mogxsy3j.jpg

Height: 5'11"

I hit my goal weight today! :^) Thought I'd share because seeing other people's stories has inspired me, and it's nice to know people are on similar journeys.

I’ve been watching my macros, and sticking to 1350kcal/day the first 2 months, then I went down to 1200kcal/day for 2 months. I am now slowly increasing the calories until I figure out how many calories work for maintaining my weight. I don’t do any cardio or exercise, but I do walk a lot and average 12000 steps/day.

Words cannot describe how much better I feel today than I did in the first picture! It really was just a matter of changing habits for me. I'd gone down a spiral of binge-eating almost daily, and was basically addicted to sugar. Within 2 months of logging everything I eat and sticking to my calorie-limit, my cravings completely disappeared. I really didn't expect to feel so satisfied whilst controlling what I eat. So worth it! :^)

Good luck to everyone starting! <3

Wow! Thanks for sharing.That's very motivating. I'm going to take monthly photos.
  • mhbrz
    mhbrz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    VeggieBev wrote: »
    Wow, I'm just starting today and this has made me feel so motivated. Well done!

Awesome! :^D Don't forget to take pictures of yourself too! You'll notice changes you wouldn't have been able to appreciate otherwise, which will push you to continue even more.

Good luck, and don't hesitate to add me as a friend if you need advice/support ((:

• NeshiaP16
    NeshiaP16 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    WOW just amazing,
    thank you soooo much for sharing! Very encouraging.
  • mhbrz
    Options
    Cando58 wrote: »
    Great pics and you are such an inspiration. This tall woman thanks you!!

I'm glad I could inspire you! I found it motivating to see success stories with tall girls too; easier to relate to and we're a rare breed! I've always felt like i stuck out with my height anyway, like i had an imposing physique. So being overweight only made that feeling worse, I felt like king kong, it was even masculinising...

I am finally enjoying my height at the weight i am now. Being tall is wonderful, embrace it! ❤️ and good luck to you! Please add me if you need advice/support!

• Alan_1964
    Alan_1964 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. I'm doing something similar per month. This month I was feeling a bit down as I didn't see a real change in my big belly but these photos will motivate me to carry on and not slide off the wagon.

Thank you for sharing.
  • ijsantos2005
    ijsantos2005 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Did anyone do the math on this?

It looks like it was a loss of 3.5 lbs a week. Whaa??
  • mhbrz
    Options

You can ask me. The average is -2.92 lbs/week to be precise.

vni1g5oa5kh3.png

• ijsantos2005
    edited August 2017
    Options

vni1g5oa5kh3.png

Whew, that's fast! 1500 calorie deficit per day is no joke.
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational for me! Awesome job! I am also 5'11 and you encourage me to follow my plan and work hard to reach my goals!!
  • mhbrz
    Options

vni1g5oa5kh3.png

1200kcal/day is totally doable though! I've been eating 3 x 300kcal meals and 2 x 200kcal snacks a day - i basically eat every 3 hours. I've been finishing my masters degree all summer as well, and I've felt more energetic than when I was eating junk food :^)
  • ijsantos2005
    Options

vni1g5oa5kh3.png

1200kcal/day is totally doable though! I've been eating 3 x 300kcal meals and 2 x 200kcal snacks a day - i basically eat every 3 hours. I've been finishing my masters degree all summer as well, and I've felt more energetic than when I was eating junk food :^)

Is that before or after factoring in your 12000 steps?
  • mhbrz
    Options

vni1g5oa5kh3.png

What do you mean 'factoring'? I don't eat back any 'calories burnt' with steps, if that's what you're asking. I've been eating 1200-1300kcal/day regardless of if i've walked 500 or 20000 steps that day.
  • 45thin
    45thin Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! What a great success story!
  • mhbrz
    Options
    Very inspirational for me! Awesome job! I am also 5'11 and you encourage me to follow my plan and work hard to reach my goals!!

Yay! :^) Thank you! And good luck to you! <3
  • ijsantos2005
    Options

vni1g5oa5kh3.png

What do you mean 'factoring'? I don't eat back any 'calories burnt' with steps, if that's what you're asking. I've been eating 1200-1300kcal/day regardless of if i've walked 500 or 20000 steps that day.

Yeah, that's what I mean. Thank you.
  • mamma_adventure
    mamma_adventure Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! <3
  • Adelemlvc
    Adelemlvc Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    To be honest I'd be happy just to be like you were in the first pic haha but you've done amazing to lose the weight you have, well done. Like you were, I'm addicted to sugar but luckily for me I have good will power and I'm sticking to this diet and have started walking more and in my first week Ive lost 6lb! I will deffo remind myself of your story everytime I feel unmotivated , thanks for sharing :D
  • mhbrz
    Options
    Adelemlvc wrote: »
    To be honest I'd be happy just to be like you were in the first pic haha but you've done amazing to lose the weight you have, well done. Like you were, I'm addicted to sugar but luckily for me I have good will power and I'm sticking to this diet and have started walking more and in my first week Ive lost 6lb! I will deffo remind myself of your story everytime I feel unmotivated , thanks for sharing :D

Thank you! I think it's great that you see it as a sugar addiction too; I found it really helpful psychologically, to actually admit that. Because that's what cravings are! Just sugar calling for more sugar - in vast quantities and constantly. It's nothing more profound or Freudian than that, and I refuse to let my body be a slave to junk-food companies and fall for their tricks. I'd rather have a healthy/happy life :))

Good luck to you! And congrats for deciding to take control over your body, enjoy it :^)
  • kariinthecape
    kariinthecape Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Nicely done!!!
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks for my morning cup of inspiration!!! Fantastic accomplishment!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!