Back again...

Options
its_laura_btw
its_laura_btw Posts: 48 Member
edited August 2017 in Getting Started
After some personal stuff, I ghosted this app, and my good diet fell apart too...
It's been over a year, and I still want to be at a healthy weight.
I brought some more baggage- that being an extra 50lbs (OUCH), and I'm feeling worse than ever.
I'm hoping to ease back into this, trying to figure out some good recipes and stuff.
If anyone has any tips for getting back into this, please share! :)

Replies

• DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Good for you for coming back to MFP! Just take the plunge and start doing it.
  • smh_cliff
    smh_cliff Posts: 146 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    My first weeks whenever I return to some diet are always great but soon slip again. This time I'm not thinking diet, I'm thinking sensible.

If I eat into my weeks deficit so be it, as long as I think it was worth it and know it'll put my goal back further. Also want to look at weeks as a whole.

I've just started doing this a week ago, but also been house sitting with no scales or the cooking equipment I'm used to (Can't even find a baking tray) so been far from perfect! Looking forward to doing a big shop when I go home tomorrow!

Edit: I pressed too quick!
    I'm happy to share any recipes I find/use. I was going to look through the groups today and try to find some.
  • 40lbslighter
    40lbslighter Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! MFP returner here, too.

I've been using the site for several years now. Interesting trend: when I go away, I return with more pounds than I started with.
    Round 1: 165 -->155
    Round 2: 171 -->155
    Round 3: 183 -->? Hopefully the third time is a charm!

For me, I have committed to logging everything, every day, and logging honestly. I'm almost at 60 consecutive logging days and plan to continue into maintenence, then into toning.

MFP and I will have a long, beautiful, relationship.

Best wishes for your success! <3
  • kpforyou
    kpforyou Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Coming back is the first step! We can do this!
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Just get started and don't look back.
  • robm1brown
    robm1brown Posts: 71 Member
    Options

I've been using the site for several years now. Interesting trend: when I go away, I return with more pounds than I started with.

For me, I have committed to logging everything, every day, and logging honestly. I'm almost at 60 consecutive logging days and plan to continue into maintenence, then into toning.

Coming back even heavier is so standard in people who lose weight/diet a lot.
  • focusedhoya
    focusedhoya Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm just returning to MFP and looking for friends to keep me motivated. Please feel free to add me. Thanks!
  • 40lbslighter
    40lbslighter Posts: 479 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    robm1brown wrote: »

I'm not sure what you meant by this, but it didn't sound too positive to me.

FYI, I don't "diet a lot." I had some significant life changes and truamatic events and developed some maladaptive behaviors to cope. Until then, I never weighed an ounce over 140 lbs. It's been a long road to get my self esteem back enough to even care about my health.

I'm now below the weight I began with MFP and feel much better for it. I'm proud of the permanent changes I've made in the way I look at food and the healthier lifestyle I've adopted to prolong my life.

Regards.
  • AJACKSON10481
    AJACKSON10481 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sounds like he was saying don't worry over it. This is my third go at it. I wish you the best I would love ideas for meals to eat I get so tired of the same stuff all the time. I tried low carb but that was not me at all.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Log it accurately, own it all, and learn from what you consider to be mistakes.
  • robm1brown
    robm1brown Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    robm1brown wrote: »

I'm not sure what you meant by this, but it didn't sound too positive to me.

FYI, I don't "diet a lot." I had some significant life changes and truamatic events and developed some maladaptive behaviors to cope. Until then, I never weighed an ounce over 140 lbs. It's been a long road to get my self esteem back enough to even care about my health.

I'm now below the weight I began with MFP and feel much better for it. I'm proud of the permanent changes I've made in the way I look at food and the healthier lifestyle I've adopted to prolong my life.

Regards.

Just that it is a familiar story. No stress.
  • JustJam_
    JustJam_ Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I didn't read it as negative? Just saying that many people lose and gain and rinse and repeat. That's why many of us are here trying to make permanent changes. Good luck in your journey :)
  • theabsentmindednurse
    theabsentmindednurse Posts: 405 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    cose9ym73he0.png
    This is a lifelong journey.
    A marathon. Not a sprint.
    This road is not linear.
    It's three steps forward. Two steps backwards.

Each of us here on MFP are all here for the same reason.
    Can I encourage you that every failure will bring you closer to success.
    The longer you are on this path, you will learn what your triggers are to emotional eating, or junk food, or feeling stressed and not taking of yourself.

Research. Google new recipes and meal plans.
    MFP blogs are a great source of nutrition hints, recipes, tips and hacks. USE THEM.

Try new products, fresh produce you have never tried and get excited about food.
    Cook and prepare your own meals.
    Build a support network around and just keep going.
    If you fall over just pick yourself up and keep going.

We have all been where you are.
    Life is hard.
    Being unhealthy is hard.

It's your choice!
    God bless
  • mail2dijaw
    mail2dijaw Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    keep logging honestly all that you eat. it really helps to keep a check on calories. Follow the allowed calorie intake with regular exercise and results will follow. slowly but surely :smile: