Newbie Goal: Lose 25-30lbs in 2 months....not impossible!!!

MsFashionIcon
MsFashionIcon Posts: 9 Member
edited September 30 in Introduce Yourself
Hello Beautiful People,

I'm 24 year old fashionista who is setting a fitness plan in motion. I have been on my fitness pal for 3 days now and I LOVE IT!!! My goal is to lose 25-30lbs in 2 months. Now I know its not impossible but it will be a challenge. It was a bit of challenge for me on day 2 when I went out to eat with the girls but I stuck to my guns and made it through. To help me along my journey I signed up for the Bikram Yoga unlimited class for a month, which I start Monday. I will see how that goes.

I say eating healthy, doing yoga, and walking these long New York blocks to and from work will put my plan in motion. :) My main challenge is stopping at chip 15 when I want to eat more(lol) and exercising. I'm going to get it together though I will need all the support I can get. Feel Free to add me as a friend and lets support each other.

MsFashionIcon

Replies

• MyouTakara
    MyouTakara Posts: 45
    Impossible? No. Dangerous as hell to lose than much weight that fast? YOU BET! You shouldn't try to lose more than two pounds a week, it's not healthy. What in the world are you planning to eat to lose all that?
  • GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    It is possible, but not the best bet....
    But some people it just happens to slide off, especially if they act awefully before and suddenly start eating healthy.
    Possible, but defiantly a hem-haw thing...
  • sheffiej34
    sheffiej34 Posts: 91
    I lost 29 pounds in 2 months, but I weighed 214lbs - now 185. I needed to lose. If your picture is close to reality, you may have difficulty losing it for one. Always harder to lose once you get closer to your goal weight. For two, 25-30 pounds in 2 months looks like it would be detrimental to you. You look great as it is.

Just be healthy (diet and exercise wise), don't avoid meals, and listen to your body.
  • sheffiej34
    But some people it just happens to slide off, especially if they act awefully before and suddenly start eating healthy.

Regretrella - if that pic is you - where did you get the lingerie?? I love it.
  • janiecorona
    janiecorona Posts: 248
    That's not her, that's Dita Von Teese! (: Maybe she sells that lingerie, try finding her online.
  • sheffiej34
    That's not her, that's Dita Von Teese! (: Maybe she sells that lingerie, try finding her online.

The story of my life when I find something I like! LOL

Thanks for the info ..
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    It is not impossible, nor is it that dangerous. I did this over a year ago and lost almost 40 in just under 3 months and that was going according to MFP instructions. You do what you think is best for you.............
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    Give it a try... if you don't lose that much in 2 months you will still be healthier and happier and well on your way.
    Just don't starve yourself to do it, that won't do you any favours.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    I lost 29 pounds in 2 months, but I weighed 214lbs - now 185. I needed to lose. If your picture is close to reality, you may have difficulty losing it for one. Always harder to lose once you get closer to your goal weight. For two, 25-30 pounds in 2 months looks like it would be detrimental to you. You look great as it is.

Just be healthy (diet and exercise wise), don't avoid meals, and listen to your body.

I lost 29 in about 2.5 months but I weighed the same as sheffie - I was into the obese range. I mean go ahead and try but its probably not a realistic goal for you - you should expect between 10-20.
  • MsFashionIcon
    Impossible? No. Dangerous as hell to lose than much weight that fast? YOU BET! You shouldn't try to lose more than two pounds a week, it's not healthy. What in the world are you planning to eat to lose all that?
    [/quote

I understand. I'm not trying to kill myself. I plan to eat healthy. I just ordered this book eat this not that supermarket edition to help out with my healthy food eating. My friend has been just following that book and lost 30lbs in 2 months but hey that's just some people body. How much I lose is I how much I lose within those 2 months no pressure. :)
  • MsFashionIcon

I appreciate your feedback. Welcome to my friends list :)
  • MsFashionIcon

Awww thanks for the compliment. It's just that I see the weight, in my arms legs, and tummy area. People say I look great but they dont know how small I use to be. I'm not trying to be that small again but just to a point where I'm comfortable. I am at 168 right now. I will never avoid meals. It's just not in my nature as much as I love different types of food. lol

So the smaller I am the harder it is for me to lose weight? Why is that?
  • MsFashionIcon
    It is not impossible, nor is it that dangerous. I did this over a year ago and lost almost 40 in just under 3 months and that was going according to MFP instructions. You do what you think is best for you.............

Thanks for the support :)
  • MsFashionIcon
    Give it a try... if you don't lose that much in 2 months you will still be healthier and happier and well on your way.
    Just don't starve yourself to do it, that won't do you any favours.

I will be satisfied with just trying. I wont beat myself up if I dot make it there in two months. I will just keep going until I get there. :)
  • MsFashionIcon
    I lost 29 in about 2.5 months but I weighed the same as sheffie - I was into the obese range. I mean go ahead and try but its probably not a realistic goal for you - you should expect between 10-20.

Thanks for the support and reality check :)
  • sheffiej34
    Everything I have read and been told is that the closer you get to your goal weight, the harder you need to exercise to lose the fat. Most people plateau as they reach their goal and need to shake things up in both diet and exercise routines to get those last few pounds.

Maybe the body is just being stubborn - lol.

Wish you well! I'd like to be 140 again, but I'll probably max at 160-170. Oh to be 18 again!
  • Hey there I have about 30lbs to lose :) I certainly don't expect to lose it in 2 months.....but I am going to lose it even if it takes me a year!
    I'm just starting out but feel free to add me so we can support each other :)
This discussion has been closed.