new to fitness pal

Options
:smile:

I am new here. I am from Wisconsin. I have been losing weight but have a hard time keeping track of my food and fitness activities. So far i have lost 36 pounds and I am hoping to lose another 50. I am planning on running my 1st 5k in May. If anyone has any training tips will be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• RiverFlower
    Options

I am new here. I am from Wisconsin. I have been losing weight but have a hard time keeping track of my food and fitness activities. So far i have lost 36 pounds and I am hoping to lose another 50. I am planning on running my 1st 5k in May. If anyone has any training tips will be greatly appreciated.
  • csantos1182
    Options
    welcome to the site:flowerforyou:
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    Options

:flowerforyou: Good luck with that and welcome to the site. I ran a 5K a long time ago. It was really fun.
    Can't remember how I trained. Probably ran on the treadmill. That's what I was doing back then.
    Pam
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm from Wisconsin too! Are you ready for spring? I know I am!
    I used the couch to 5k http://waycoolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml It's nicely laid out and easy to follow. I did it last summer. I was never a runner but at 48 thought I'd try it. I've been on the treadmill for the winter but like I said, I am looking forward to spring.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, I just know you will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. Everyone is so supportive, helpful and nice and the site is so motivational. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.