Juice Fast

Options
Under the supervision of my physician, I am going to be embarking on a 10 day semi fast with homemade juice (fruit and veggie that I make every morning and afternoon). I will be drinking around 54 oz of fresh juice every day as well as having a light supper in the evenings to make sure I am getting enough protein for my specific needs. Now that I have stated all that please don't post on here if you are intending on discouraging me or insulting me. I have consulted my doctor and have her all clear. I am trying to heal my body naturally from illnesses/diseases that I am suffering from.

For those of you who would like to support me, I am asking for success stories from anybody who has tried it as well as recipes from those of you who currently juice or have in the past. Please and thank you! :smile:

Replies

• yukiokudasai
    Options
    Hey there. I just would like to know how it goes if you dont mind. I was thinking of doing something similar. I did it when I was younger and in 3 days I lost 5 lbs. But I couldnt go any longer as I had no will power lol. I mean I was 17 years old so yeah. But hope that all goes well. When you are done would you mind posting what you lost??:flowerforyou:
  • Jes87san
    Jes87san Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey! My boy friend is currently doing that same fast with a light meal. He is doing great. has lost 12 lbs withing this past week. I am doing something slightly different but am also on my way to a healthier body. Best of luck to you and as far as recipes go, there are plenty online.. none of which are coming to mind right now... but yeah, good luck!!!
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have it all planned out, i would love to hear how it goes!
  • ashlop80
    ashlop80 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thats awesome! Have you seen the documentary called Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead?? I was so inspired after I saw it I went right out and bought myself a juicer! So far my fav juice is a grapefruit, a peach and a granny smith apple for breakfast :)
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! Have you seen the documentary called Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead?? I was so inspired after I saw it I went right out and bought myself a juicer! So far my fav juice is a grapefruit, a peach and a granny smith apple for breakfast :)

That's the movie that motivated me to do it! :) how funny!

I will definitely post updates along the way in here with how it's working and how my health and body are improving. I'm hoping that it works out very well and that it's something I can sustain for a longer period of time eventually scaling back the juice to just for breakfast and snacks and two light meals.
  • mayflowerak
    Options
    How long have you been on this diet so far?
    I saw the documentary and wanted to try it too.
  • husker_gal
    Options
    I haven't started it yet. I'll be starting it tomorrow. :smile:
  • mayflowerak
    Options
    cool! Keep us posted, please!:-)
  • ana70
    ana70 Posts: 93
    Options
    I went to a retreat in Vancouver canada and did a water fast for 18 days and then I introduced organic vegetable juice and fruit juice, then veggies and fruits. I never weighed myself, they told me it wasn't about that. I don't know how much I lost but I cleaned the pockets in my colon and got rid of a lot of other ailments I had. I support you. You are doing the right thing to clear up disease. I would buy a health master (montel williams) or a vitamix cause you could improve your health that way too. I have a Montel Williams health master and I get tons of veggies and fruits in that way. It will replace your blender and blend whole vegetables and you won't miss out on fiber. Getting 12 servings of fruits and veggies in a day is a great way to heal your body and heal the planet too. I don't always buy organic but often choose as natural food as possible. Natural Hygiene is what i did for a few years to clear up depression instead of taking pills for it. It cleared up. I wish you the best. Take care.
  • newmommy2cash
    Options
    Sounds interesting an something I may be interested in! :) I'm going to look into it, Thanks for the introduction of this. I've never heard of this diet or the documentary before.
  • newmommy2cash
    Options
    What is considered a "light meal"?
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Best of Luck!! The first few days days of a jf are always the hardest.... stick with it and it gets better. I've done 10 days before myself, and felt really good in the end. If you miss the act of chewing or eating, try gum because that can help. Go get 'em!
  • slimmer189
    slimmer189 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I tried a shake diet thru the hospital - you would have 4-5 shakes a day then a healthy dinner; gradually adding back meals; I only lost 7lbs but the nutrition classes were helpful to me
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Also, make sure you use plenty of veggies in your juices. Kale is really good. Don't get too many flavors going either. Ice is a must also....
  • husker_gal
    Options
    What is considered a "light meal"?

I will be having mainly spinach salads with some dark red kidney beans mixed in and some tuna or other type of protein. I'm just going to try to eat something that's not too heavy or weighted down with too much fats/starches.
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    Jack LaLanne... is smiling down from heaven on you, his fellow juicer!

Good Luck!
  • husker_gal
    Options
    Also, make sure you use plenty of veggies in your juices. Kale is really good. Don't get too many flavors going either. Ice is a must also....

I really wanted to get some Kale but my Safeway store doesn't carry it. I bought some bananas and I know I can't juice them but I'm going to mix some ice and the banana with whatever juice I make and have it as a smoothie.
  • twintea
    twintea Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good for you and good luck - I have tried juicing before but not for long period of time - I have some recipes I will try to dig them up and send them your way ! I know I always felt healthier and loved the aroma!!! Wishing you well on your journey !!!
  • ashlop80
    ashlop80 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thats so cool I loved that movie too!! Have you checked out thier website they have some good recipes on there. I started my juice diet 4 days ago and I have lost 6 pounds since I started. Its been a lil difficult for me because I have a husband and 3 kids to make meals for but I'm sticking to it. Good luck to you! Watch out I learned the hard way that I hate juiced celary which is weird because I like to eat it lol.
  • bt806
    bt806 Posts: 22
    Options
    I am wanting to try this but unfortunately I dont like veggies except corn, coli-flower, and potatoes, so I dont think those would work to well Fruits are a little better for me I cant stand the smell or texture of a banana and I was thinking of buying the juice if any of you have any advice or tips please let me know

I am trying to loose water weight mainly if that makes any difference