DON'T EAT!!!

My husband called me to tell me to try the chicken wrapper at Carls Jr, (he's 6'2" 190) so, I type it in the food data base, and for something the size of your index finger, is 366 calories

Replies

• calebespnsmommie
    calebespnsmommie Posts: 111 Member
    Oh goodness!! Doesnt it feel great that we now check things on her before putting it into our bodies?!
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    ugh I hate things like that! You think you are making a good decision because its small and its a wrap, but it would take two or three to actually fill you and at that point you've eaten more than half of your daily calories!

Its like evil salads at restaurants that are over a thousand calories!
  • lesliefoste
    lesliefoste Posts: 137 Member
    Ha-ha! I like your description of the product. :) Thanks for the warning. I had a similar (but apparently much more tragic) experience a couple weeks back. I had gone shopping with some friends and we decided on the spot where to eat (always bad for my calorie count) and I got a chicken sandwich that (thought delicious) end up costing me 1380 calories. And that wasn't counting the fries it was served with. When I got home and logged the meal I couldn't believe it was possible! Since then I'm been doing some research on restaurant foods, and it seems that it's common for entrees to be well over 1000 calories. Yikes!
  • ch112803
    ch112803 Posts: 22 Member
    It's a good trick that I've seen to ask the server to box up half the entree before even bringing the plate to your table. I haven't actually tried it myself...yet.

I so wish I had used the trick of checking my calorie counter before diving into oat biscuits sent by the in-laws from England. I'm kicking myself for the 670 calories it added to my calories today. I should go walk a mile, I would work off 2/3 of the calories I over ate. Hmmm I'm just not sure I have it in me right now.
  • Lauren38570
    Lauren38570 Posts: 239
    if it's delicious so be it , lol =)