Body fat % - Help!!!

Hi All

Wake up today for measurements and I was shocked when seeing my BF%
On 17th of Aug I was at 33% and today it's 35.6%
Lost 0.6 kg but seems to be water loss as I was 48.9 ad today am 47%
Super sad and tired from working out with no results
I have another post about my craving for carbs in the last 2 days, could that be the reason? :'(:'(

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    The reason you are sad and tired is most likely that you are running around doing lots of things that have no real effect.

Body fat measurements have to be taken with a pinch of salt. I suggest you just weigh yourself on a normal scale.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    are you measuring body fat with scales? they're very inaccurate so i wouldn't take any notice of the results.

not sure what results you expect from working out for 5 days though!?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Those machines are unreliable. You are doing well.

Use these metrics instead: photos, measurements, clothing, scale, ring size, . .
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    I have some that tell me I'm 33% BF - always good for a laugh.

You need to start looking much further ahead than day to day and focus on making your weight loss and efforts towards a more healthy life sustainable rather than an emotional roller coaster of wanting results right now.
  • nmagdy2017
    nmagdy2017 Posts: 35 Member
    are you measuring body fat with scales? they're very inaccurate so i wouldn't take any notice of the results.

Yes using a scale that measures body fats.
    My expectations was certainly not seeing an increase. If it was the same I would be fine.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    nmagdy2017 wrote: »

Yes using a scale that measures body fats.
    My expectations was certainly not seeing an increase. If it was the same I would be fine.

Those scales are not an accurate way to measure body fat. I would just ignore it.
  • nmagdy2017
    The reason you are sad and tired is most likely that you are running around doing lots of things that have no real effect.

Body fat measurements have to be taken with a pinch of salt. I suggest you just weigh yourself on a normal scale.

I show better results on the scale. And took measurements today. Will use those instead. Thanks
  • nmagdy2017
    RodaRose wrote: »

Use these metrics instead: photos, measurements, clothing, scale, ring size, . .

Took measurements today. I hope it works. Will update the thread next week if I lost inches.
  • nmagdy2017
    sijomial wrote: »

You need to start looking much further ahead than day to day and focus on making your weight loss and efforts towards a more healthy life sustainable rather than an emotional roller coaster of wanting results right now.

You are right. I am on an emotional roller coaster wanting to loss weight so bad and it's driving me nuts. Will share results next week. I hope measurements works.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member

You are right. I am on an emotional roller coaster wanting to loss weight so bad and it's driving me nuts. Will share results next week. I hope measurements works.
    RodaRose wrote: »

Took measurements today. I hope it works. Will update the thread next week if I lost inches.

You need to broaden your time scale. Weight loss happens in months, not days, weeks, or hours
  • RobD520
    RobD520 Posts: 420 Member

I have a similar scale. I never use it to measure fat. I have seen it vary several percent in the same day. THAT is not physically possible. As others have said, just weigh yourself with the scale. Using it to measure body fat is REALLY inaccurate.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member

Nope - months not weeks.
    Measuring frequently is fine but only if you regard each data point as insignificant (which it is in the grand scheme of things).
    You are looking for sustainable trends not getting emotional reward from one good data point or despair from one bad data point.
  • nmagdy2017

Nope - months not weeks.
    Measuring frequently is fine but only if you regard each data point as insignificant (which it is in the grand scheme of things).
    You are looking for sustainable trends not getting emotional reward from one good data point or despair from one bad data point.

I can relate. When I was younger it was much easier. I used to loss weight really fast. But now it's very stubborn.
    I should shift my mindset to understand what comes with age as well.