Staying on track

How is everyone staying on track? Keeping within calories when there are so many distractions. Such as u are the only one trying to lose weight, going out to eat, and summer parties?
I need some suggestions!

Replies

• Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,576 Member
    Daily Add your food and track your calories by this way change your food habits!! Stay positive and believe in yourself.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    You can almost assume that most people want to lose weight. But just trying is no good. I changed my attitude and my surroundings too, not just my eating habits. If eating out is part of your social life, make it fit. You can enjoy anything as long as you don't overdo it. Planning meals I'm making myself means that I buy the foods I intend to eat, so I have to think about what I want. This makes me focus more on ME, and not what everybody else does, or seem to do. Way more effective and enjoyable.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    I stay on track by knowing that I don't have to overeat just because I'm at a restaurant or party.
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Planning ahead helps a lot. If you know where you are going to have dinner, take a look at the menu and pre log meals for that day.
  • DeniseWilson43
    DeniseWilson43 Posts: 87 Member
    TAke a picture of you, see if u like what u see or not. As works for me, keep me from forgetting.. Denise lxik2uv3n77b.png
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited August 2017
    Here are some ways I stay on track:

- I'm a planner. I plan out my dinners one week ahead of time and I have ideas for breakfast and lunch as well. Having a plan and knowing what I'm going to eat om advance takes a lot of stress off of me and it keeps me prepared. This is great for grocery shopping too.

- I make just about all of my meals at home (except for pizza on Friday's and some weeks I go out to eat another time) so it's easy for me to keep track of the calories I'm consuming.

- I keep a binder with my recipes that have calories and macros already broken down. I cook a lot so it took effort to build it up and it takes effort to maintain, but it's okay since all of the work is done.

- When going out to eat I look at menus ahead of time and try to plan one meal and a backup and I try to look up calorie counts ahead of time.

- I stop eating when I'm close to being full. I was the type to just eat and eat because it was there. Not anymore. When I go out to eat I will ask for a takeout box at the beginning. When I was losing I used smaller plates at home. I have no problems saying no when food or treats are being offered to me and I don't want it.

- I look at things and calorie count in my head. Somethings aren't worth the calories. Other things are. Also if something is not good I have no problems not eating the rest.

- I don't drink calories. Saves tons of room for more food. B)

It may sounds like a lot of work, but it's worth it to me. Doing all of this helped me to be able to literally eat what I want and lose 80 pounds (with portion control) and I have kept it all off for 4+ years.

Good luck!