Advice on gaining weight/muscle!!

Options
Hi everyone,I'm a 22 year old lad tall and skinny (runs in the family) I weight 10st 2 and want to start gaining weight and working out,I know I need to up my calorie intake but has anyone got any tips for someone starting new??thanks!

Replies

• AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Definitely visit the Gaining Weight and Bodybuilding forum and read through the posts there; you'll get a ton of good information. Do you lift yet? If not, get started with a solid beginner program ASAP. (Starting Strength and Stronglifts 5x5 are two of the most-often-recommended beginner programs, but there are tons of others). You're still really young and should start seeing tons of progress fairly quickly.
  • tekki1967
    tekki1967 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Husuliffe. My boyfriend is thin and he drinks two protien shakes a day and lifts wieghts. Now he is ripped.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    tekki1967 wrote: »
    Husuliffe. My boyfriend is thin and he drinks two protien shakes a day and lifts wieghts. Now he is ripped.

Ripped as in he has definition, or is muscular? Protein shakes simply help you achieve your protein goal if you can't eat enough through food, they are not magical muscle builders. Eating at a surplus whilst lifting is the way to grow.
  • lag5140
    lag5140 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

I have personally added 25+ pounds of mass (mostly muscle from what I can tell) by improving my nutrition and pairing it with CrossFit and Olympic lifting/strength training workouts.

I'd be more than happy to share how I did this if you'd like.