New to KETO

Options
Hey everyone,

Looking for friends on here and any extra tips for the KETO diet. I have PCOS and am giving this a try to help with my symptoms. I'm 30 and it's seeming to get worse and more wearing on my body.

Replies

• maryde8427
    maryde8427 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request. I'm on low carb.
  • dm5859
    dm5859 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at the websites, ruled.me.com or KetoDiet app.com? I started keto about a month ago and I love it. I discovered ruled.me by accident and since then have been making the recipes on there every week. It was hard letting go of that "fat is bad" mentality, but I'm glad I did. Eat that fat to lose the fat. I be sure to keep your sodium, potassium and magnesium levels up. Another good resource is the LCHF group here. Invaluable information. Good luck and stick with it. I know you will see great results.
  • DonnaAnn64
    DonnaAnn64 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm new to Keto too, I am currently eating low carb, and am not quite sure what the difference between the two woe is.. following
  • CheekieM0nkey
    CheekieM0nkey Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey! I follow a low cawb/keto diet. Always looking for new friends to help motivate each other. Would love to be friends! Hope you don't mind my requesting you.
  • tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    steer clear of those starches and you'll lose weight and cure that pcos!!!
  • laurafam
    laurafam Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is laura and started keto a month ago. So far no weight loss even though I'm following my macros and calories needed. I do find that I'm still hungry after eating my 1400 calories. Should I abstain from eating more or eat? Some people say while I keto you eat till you are satisfied. I'm confused ;)
  • eminah84
    eminah84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new to keto, I started on August 1st and I'm down 15.2 lbs already. I have 45 more to go.
  • eminah84
    eminah84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    laurafam wrote: »
    Hi everyone my name is laura and started keto a month ago. So far no weight loss even though I'm following my macros and calories needed. I do find that I'm still hungry after eating my 1400 calories. Should I abstain from eating more or eat? Some people say while I keto you eat till you are satisfied. I'm confused ;)

What are your macros? I weigh 196 and I'm 5'7" and i eat 1370 calories per day split up into 5% carbs, 25% protein and 70% fat. I was really hungry the first week or so but now I have to force myself to eat. What do you eat usually?
  • lbjourneytobeauty
    lbjourneytobeauty Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm also finding that I'm still hungry & haven't lost any granted it's only been a week but I've heard ppl say they lost 8 lbs in a week obviously water weight but still .. I feel like keto may not be as good I almost wanna go back to regular healthy eating .
  • nvdonna
    nvdonna Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started low carb on July 5th. I wasn't tracking but was only eating meat , cheese, eggs and veggies so I thought I was doing good. I went online and ordered special low carb bread and baking mix. I was checking labels and only eating foods with low net carbs like powdered peanut butter. Well after a month I weighed exactly the same and I was not in ketosis. I never got that big drop that so many others experience in the first couple weeks. I stuck with it but started gaining. I started doing more research and found the ruled me website. I calculated my macros and started tracking. I cut out alcohol and the low carb bread products. I realized I was eating too many calories and too much protein and not enough fat. I was still in the fat is bad thinking and buying the lean ground turkey instead of ground beef. So I've been tracking for 3 days now and drinking bulletproof coffee and I'm finally in ketosis and starting to lose a few pounds. Started at 185... gained to 188.... this morning I was 181.4. I am 5'4 and 57 years old. I really like my fitness pal for making recipes. I am cooking all the time now but now I am measuring and weighing everything and tracking tracking tracking! I would love to connect on here for support!!
  • RenaPink11
    RenaPink11 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered about Keto, but I'll admit such a high fat content concerns me. Anyone else concerned with it? Heart disease? There's so much information it's confusing.
  • nvdonna
    nvdonna Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think high fat is only bad if you are still eating high carbs as well. Your body uses the carbs for fuel and stores the fat. If you're eating very low carb and you're in ketosis then you're burning the fat and it isn't hurting you. That is my basic understanding.
  • MamaEagleBoo
    MamaEagleBoo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I follow a Keto group on FB that is high fat (however the fat on your body is taken into consideration) under 20 carbs, moderate protein and enough fat to keep you from being hungry. It's a science. I was doing low carb but really stalled out, this woe seems to work better for me.
  • NitrogenB
    NitrogenB Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Been Keto since 7/8/17 and down 22lbs. Feel so good. Let mw know if you have any questions.
  • NitrogenB
    NitrogenB Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    laurafam wrote: »

Sounds like you might not be getting enoufh fat.
  • KetoPhillip
    KetoPhillip Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love this new way of living 23lbs 16 days. Hope everyone great results
  • meganbayramoff12
    meganbayramoff12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Fellow PCOS sufferer here. I just started keto and would love some friends! Feel free anyone to add me :)
  • jelizabeth713
    jelizabeth713 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hypothyroid here. 3.5 months into keto and 20 lbs down, I've hit my goal weight. Add me!
  • RenaPink11
    RenaPink11 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    nvdonna wrote: »
    I think high fat is only bad if you are still eating high carbs as well. Your body uses the carbs for fuel and stores the fat. If you're eating very low carb and you're in ketosis then you're burning the fat and it isn't hurting you. That is my basic understanding.

Thank you for the clarification
  • belleflop
    belleflop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I've been low carb/keto for awhile now. Feel free to add me. I enjoy sharing low carb recipes and keeping others motivated. My diary is open to the public always.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!