Newbie and need support!!

Options
Time for some major life changes and I can definitely use the support!! I have detailed goals while I am approaching 50 years old in 2019. I just got back from vacation and learned I gained 5 lbs. Not surprising to me... I weighed in this morning at 162.4, my goal weight is 120. I have struggled with weight my entire life. I have lost it and gained it. I now just want to get and be as healthy as I can. I need to quit smoking, and drinking. Completely... I have quit drinking before, and can do it again. Smoking will be a bit more difficult but I know I can do it. I am also working on getting my realtor license. I hope to make some new friends here so we can all support each other. Thanks!! :):)

Replies

• susanayt97
    susanayt97 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Yay, I love seeing others taking this step! That's awesome, let's do it! :)
  • ashlinreyno1969
    ashlinreyno1969 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Susan, nice to meet you thank you!
  • nvdonna
    nvdonna Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose 45 pounds. I'm doing keto and so far I like it. I wasn't losing any weight until I started tracking on here. Now it's working! !
  • Drdisney
    Drdisney Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Good Luck, each of those is difficult. I have quit smoking and drinking, still working on the weight .. it is a struggle. Add me as a friend, if you want, we can do this :-)
  • fredamar123
    fredamar123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Marilyn I'm 62 and want to lose some of my weight. I am one who needs encouragement so I thought this might help. Please if you want to be a friend that I can encourage and you encourage me that would be great thanks
  • karissaweis
    karissaweis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Finding the motivation is the hardest part of the journey. Make new, healthy routines and habits. Quitting smoking is so hard, but replacing it with healthy habits is key to success. Find a workout routine that you love, weather it's a fun class at your gym, or a walk with your dog, but just get moving! It's amazing when you are exercising regularly that it gets easier and easier to make good choices when it comes to food (who wants a big mac after you just busted your butt in the gym for an hour) Don't use food as a reward, treat yourself to a new outfit, or mani/pedi when you have a great week, or reach weight loss goals. We are here to support you along the way!