Best daily, easy to incorporate to daily meals, fiber options.

Options
Anyone have any easy to go to options to add to your meals/snacks to really help raise daily fiber counts, yet not too many carbs? Thanks so much in advance.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Berries are a lower carbohydrate fruit and some of them have a lot of fiber (blackberries and raspberries come to mind). Avocado was another one with a fiber count that surprised me -- 1 cup of avocado has about 10 grams of fiber and only 12 carbohydrates.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of beans and lentils and avocados...
  • Sarah_Shapes_Up
    Sarah_Shapes_Up Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Veggies! All the veggies! zucchini, mushrooms, cucumber, celery,and lettuce are lower carb options. I also enjoy broccoli, green beans, and Brussel sprouts. Another favorite to sneak into my meals is riced cauliflower. I mix it with real rice, use it as a sub, and mix it in with oats.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Fiber is basically a type or component of carbs, so adding fiber means adding carbs, or at least choosing specific carbs I guess! I'd second what has already suggested - berries, beans, and lentils. Never noticed that about avocados - cool!
  • SaraydaB
    SaraydaB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds are GREAT! you can make chia pudding... put a tbps o 1lt water with lemon, use it for salads...