3 weeks into new changes

saradouglas0218
saradouglas0218 Posts: 4 Member
edited August 2017 in Getting Started
I have started watching what i eat, working out and not drinking alcohol durring the week now for 3 weeks. I feel like I am an emotional mess in ways. Is this normal? If anyone has gone through this how long does this last?

Keep on going it's all worth it .

Replies

• ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Keep going! You probably feel like that because made a few changes at once and your body is adjusting. Don't give up!
  • saradouglas0218
    Thank you
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    It also is common to struggle emotionally if eating was a coping skill you relied heavily on. As you keep going, you will learn more healthy coping skills and the positive effects on self-esteem from loss will likely help too!
  • getmeowthofhere
    getmeowthofhere Posts: 29 Member
    It is completely normal to experience emotions. Like already mentioned people can use eating as a coping mechanism. Also, if your carb intake has dramatically reduced it can make you fatigued and irritable. Your body is trying to adjust to a lot at once. I'm a little over a 3 weeks into my own journey and last week I was a mess. Hopefully you'll feel the positive benefits of it soon. If it persists though, never be afraid to talk to someone about it. Sometimes we need a little extra support. Good luck with your goals though!
  • saradouglas0218
    It is completely normal to experience emotions. Like already mentioned people can use eating as a coping mechanism. Also, if your carb intake has dramatically reduced it can make you fatigued and irritable. Your body is trying to adjust to a lot at once. I'm a little over a 3 weeks into my own journey and last week I was a mess. Hopefully you'll feel the positive benefits of it soon. If it persists though, never be afraid to talk to someone about it. Sometimes we need a little extra support. Good luck with your goals though!

Thank you!