Complete 180° lifestyle change. Having a hard time not getting discouraged.

Options
Looking to befriend like minded people in the same boat as I'm in. I started out at 300 pounds. Couldn't afford weight loss surgery so I completely changed my daily habits. Now I'm down 55 pounds in 15 weeks. Now that I've found my groove my momentum has slowed way down ( which is to be expected) but still discouraging. Looking for people to swap meal ideas and recipes with. Feel free to add me.

Replies

• bellaesprita000
    bellaesprita000 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! During plateaus, I've learned to make other goals besides the number I see on the scale ie increasing the steps I take during the day, trying new classes/machines at the gym, more reps/more sets etc.
  • clayelliott847
    clayelliott847 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    A lifestyle change, that's awesome. Yo-yo dieting is worse, because you could gain even more weight. I am curious to see your diary. I am on a 150 carb diet. I never thought I would say this, but I like salads. I buy a bag of lettuce, then add cucumber, tomatoes, carrots, cheese, grilled chicken breast and then I eat it for lunch all week.
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 55lb weight loss!! Stay focused on your goals.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    a25e50023f1384d0fb940ac674e6056d.jpg

commit-to-the-process-quote.jpg?resize=800%2C800

quote-every-result-or-goal-you-want-to-achieve-is-preceded-by-a-process-the-secret-to-success-hal-elrod-103-44-35.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMs3QRsvdwxDY7-UCLi9C7xR3nJbKY2hMkoL3ecnwfPIp1n1cg

a-collection-of-quotes-in-business-excellence-quality-and-change-33-638.jpg?cb=1450213809
  • Franacious
    Franacious Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    55 pounds is a big deal!! Congratulations!
    I too had to do a lifestyle overhaul about 10 years ago. I still have some weight fluctuations, that's life. However, I yo-yo in a much lower range than I did back then. Keep challenging yourself in new ways, be it eating more vegetables, moving more, trying new workouts, drinking more water...whatever keeps you moving forward. This is a lifestyle change, not gaining the weight back is progress! Enjoy the journey of being an active energetic new YOU! Add me if you like...:)
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Congratulations on your 55 pounds, All the best!! Feel free to add me.