Is calorie counting really going to work?

Options
I've been at this myfitnesspal thing for over a week now at 1200 calories per day. Though I've been trying portion control for over a month and cut out sodas over 3 weeks ago and am drinking only water now.

If I google lots of sites come up saying calorie counting doesn't work. Also doing a search about egg consumption some sites say no more than 3 a day and others say 6 per week. So which is it?

Some websites suggest barely eating causes your metabolism to slow down and other say that is a bunch of hooey otherwise the cast of survivor wouldn't be so skinny by the end of the month.

I usually get so busy and stressed out I used to eat once a day at dinner. So now I'm trying to eat three times a day and its hard since I'm not hungry. Some days I don't even hit 1200 calories, i could be 300-400 short. I also started walking 10-30 minutes per day and yet it feels like nothing is happening.

I just want to be able to stand on the scale and see numbers in the 160's whether i am dressed or not, that is my small goal/be at 165 by 9/15. It didn't seem impossible from reading everyone else's stories, but now I'm starting to doubt.

Replies

• LadyLeaAZ
    LadyLeaAZ Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yeah I did buy a scale, just one of those cheapy 5.99 ones at BBB. My husband is already making fun of me and not happy that i'm counting calories even though he told me i was fat.

Height 5'6" and i seem to flop between 169 and 172 on a daily basis currently

• Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    It works. Stick around; read the forums.