Ups & downs & back up again

Options
Hello MFP world! I feel kind of silly writing this, but I needed to put this out there. I am not new to MFP. I've been a member for years. I've struggled the last 2 years dealing with work. I've traveled and had long days, early mornings and late nights. It has been rough. I have gained and lost the same 20 lbs over and over. I kept trying to tell myself that i just needed to start again. Put myself through a reboot and move forward. So much easier said than done. I LOVE FOOD! and lately, it has been so hard to eat the right thing. I'm not your stereotypical "fat" person. I don't drink 2 liters of soda a day, I'm not ignorant to nutrition and wellness, I don't sit on a couch eating junk food. It's just hard, even when you know what to do, to actually follow through and do it. I know some of you are going to think i'm whining, I'm not, I'm trying to say, I've had enough of being my own worst enemy. I want to get my life in order. It all starts with getting myself in order. Today I took my first step. I can check off one day. Tomorrow, I'll be able to check off two. Before I know it, a month, a year, and some day soon, I will be able to say I did it. I reached my goal. I'm up, right now. I'm happy, only a little hangry, but I am so motivated to start this amazing journey. Good Luck to all of you out there, no matter what part of your journey you are on, I wish you well! #KeepCalmFightOn

Replies

• susanayt97
    susanayt97 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Oh we're all whining here, I love it haha!
    I always keep self-sabotaging, and it needs to end. Good luck to us :)
  • mcafton
    mcafton Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    you all can feel free to add me as well. I just finished my degree in March and now have a little more time to lose that 50 lbs I need to. I'm down almost 20 so far. With a job and family it's tough, but I'm not looking back this time.
  • jessykab74
    jessykab74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. You and I have a familiar story. Food is a struggle and working out has not been very consistent as well. I also quit smoking over a year ago..........still not smoking but I am 20lbs heavier.