Has anyone seen the Blue man group?

Options
fitchick99
fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
We're off to Orlando in a few weeks and we're thinking about taking in a show, but thought i'd asked around and see if anyone has been, they have a deal on for kids right now, and being that we're bringing 4 outta six, the youngest is free.....a deal is always a plus, but it's still going to cost us 300.00 US which is 367.00 CA...that's alot for a show we know nothing about, other than the website reviews, which of course are really good :tongue:

Replies

• fitchick99
    Options
    We're off to Orlando in a few weeks and we're thinking about taking in a show, but thought i'd asked around and see if anyone has been, they have a deal on for kids right now, and being that we're bringing 4 outta six, the youngest is free.....a deal is always a plus, but it's still going to cost us 300.00 US which is 367.00 CA...that's alot for a show we know nothing about, other than the website reviews, which of course are really good :tongue:
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I saw them in Las Vegas and they were AMAZING, I loved it!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I think they're funny and I've always enjoyed watching them on tv. :laugh:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    They are AMAZING!! :bigsmile:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    i have seen them live. it was a good time and your kids will really enjoy it. one suggestion, try to get a seat facing the stage from the front view. we were off to the side and even though it was super cool, a front view would have been even cooler.

how many times did i just say 'cool'? :indifferent:
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options

Loved it! So much fun!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Just on TV. Went to Vegas and none of my friends were interested. Should have gone myself...
  • PinkJewels
    Options
    Saw them in Vegas it's a great show! I think it's a must see...definitely an experience!!!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Let me preface this by saying my Dad is CHEAP. CHEAP. Am I making it clear? He is SUPER DUPER CRAZY CHEAP. (insert examples here: free samples given as Xmas gifts, leftover garage sale "finds" that didn't sell on Ebay given as B-day presents, the list is long)

He saw them in Vegas, paid $100/seat, and came out of it saying that he would see it again. (!!!!!!):noway:

If that isn't the best review of all time, IDK what could be.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    These are the kinds of things kids will remember forever! It's fun, it's funky, and yes, it's cool!

We took the kids to see Cirque de Soliel (sp?) when we were in Florida, and even the "snotty-too cool for everything" moody teenage boy we have was openmouthed in awe.
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options
    I have been twice, however If my memory serves me correctly , and it usually does, they use the F word a few times. in a small short video that they show...

other than that i think your kids are old eough they have probably heard it 1/2 a million times.... but just to let you know... some people are sensitive about things like that where I tend to say "they hear and probabaly say worse on a daily basis!

its all up to you... but in seeing the show twice, I agree with Heather get middle seats AND they ROCKED! it was fun, I enjoyed it so much i went to see another show...
  • fitchick99
    Options
    Let me preface this by saying my Dad is CHEAP. CHEAP. Am I making it clear? He is SUPER DUPER CRAZY CHEAP. (insert examples here: free samples given as Xmas gifts, leftover garage sale "finds" that didn't sell on Ebay given as B-day presents, the list is long)

He saw them in Vegas, paid $100/seat, and came out of it saying that he would see it again. (!!!!!!):noway:

If that isn't the best review of all time, IDK what could be.

LOL...I have lots in common with your dad,,,,,except the free sample thingy, but I do re-gift :laugh:
    I just don't want to waste money on something when there's sooo much to see and do in Orlando, but everyones' comments kinda made me decide that we should go and see it! Thank you guys!
  • HealthyKt78
    Options
    I want to go see them!!!! I grew up in Tampa so my friends and I would always take day trips to orlando. I've done pretty much every thing there is to do there other than seeing blue man group and cirque du soleil. I've only heard good things about them, you should go!
  • xonesso5
    Options
    I also saw then in Vegas and it was awesome!!! sit in the front row if you can!! tickets were cheaper there than they were sitting farther back. they say you may get splashed, and they advise you to wear a poncho that they provide for you, but i never got splashed once and it was AWESOME!!! have fun!
  • HeatherNM
    Options
    I had no interest in seeing it, but my husband ( boyfriend at the time!) insisted it was great and we should go. (he'd already been a couple of times.) I wasn't too thrilled that we were going... but it did not dissappoint!!!! It was a fantastic show. Yes the tickets were pricey, but we had a blast!

I was reading one of the comments that was already posted, and it said that she remembers them saying the "F word" a couple of times...I do NOT remember that. It doesn't mean it wasn't there...I just remember thinking it was a really clean, fun show that you could even take the kids to. ( It was also about 6 or 7 years ago that I went, so maybe it has changed?) Good luck! Have fun!