Breakfast Ideas?

Options
amartinez1112
amartinez1112 Posts: 2 Member
Hi everyone! Breakfast is SO difficult for me, I usually skip it. I'm looking for ideas that do not involve eggs (I'm allergic) and oatmeal, I hate that stuff! I ate a banana and yogurt this morning but now at 9:20 am I'm hungry so I'd like something more filling. Thank you in advance!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat breakfast... If you skip it because you prefer to not eat, continue doing that! (If I eat breakfast I feel like I'm more hungry all day)

If you want breakfast, try something more protein based.

Mix protein powder in to your yoghurt, adding some fat may help too (Pb, nuts, seeds).

Think out of the "breakfast" box... Steak and vegies, salmon (smoked or not), dinner leftovers, wraps, sandwiches etc.
  • susanayt97
    susanayt97 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I almost always have oatmeal with apples and cinnamon or with coffee. But since you don't like it, this is my other fav: one slice of bread + 10 gr of peanut butter + half an apple sliced over it. This is under 150 calories for me, but depends on your bread and PB. Sometimes I make two.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    My usual breakfast is greek yogurt with half a Clif or protein bar crumbled into it.
  • amartinez1112
    amartinez1112 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    English muffin half toasted with slice of tomato and a piece of swiss cheese under the broiler.

Toast with a smear of chili garlic sauce, avocado and a drizzle of honey.

English muffin half toasted with slice of tomato, avocado and a piece of pepper jack or colby jack cheese under the broiler.

Potato (O'brien frozen potatoes or even sweet potato) hash with veggies.

Turkey or lowfat sausage and grits.
  • robm1brown
    robm1brown Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I echo the thinking outside the breakfast box. I enjoy just eating a lunch essentially. Salmon with salad, chicken with roast veg something I have cooked the night before normally. Far more filling.
  • Tulip9
    Tulip9 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    When I don't want the usual cereal, I lightly toast a piece of good sourdough bread, spread with a little mustard, add some sliced turkey or ham and a sprinkling of cheese. I put it back in the toaster oven until the cheese melts. I think it's really good!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Forget about breakfast if it is not your thing.
    You can have a snack before lunch. Or have a big lunch. B)
  • epiclife88
    epiclife88 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, banana, and peanut butter and if u want add some sprinkles and honey really good and super filling.