Whole 30

Options
Hi Everyone!

I'm thinking about starting Whole 30, but was hoping to get some feedback from those of you who have successfully completed it. How did it make you feel? Were you tired, shaky, dizzy, or did you feel great!? Was it a ton of work? Let me know what you guys think. I have heard it works wonders and "cures" all kinds of ailments, but don't want to jump into it if it's bogus.

Thanks, and happy Thursday!
:)

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Elimination diets have a purpose in investigating food sensitivities. Nothing more.

^^^This...
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    The only way any diet is successful for weight loss is a calorie deficit. There are far easier and less physically stressful ways to create a calorie deficit.

^^^ and this...

• Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Good diets are easy diets. You will lose weight by staying within your calories no matter what you eat. The very best diet is one you can stick to for life. I google things like heart healthy foods and low calorie meals.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I did a whole 90. I didn't lose weight, I gained it. There were a few positives, but not weight/body composition related. It was less restrictive for me than what I had been subjecting myself to before I did it, and not logging was helpful in a way. I wouldn't do it again, it overly restrictive and unnecessary. If you need to do an elimination diet, do a proper one guided by a dietician.
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I did it and I felt great, but... I did not loose weight. Whole30 is not intended to be a weight loss method. It's an elimination diet to reduce irritants in your system.
  • mcgutman
    mcgutman Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I did it and I lost 12 pounds after not being able to lose weight for a long time. It definitely changed my relationship with food completely, I realized that I didn't need to eat food to deal with my emotions. I would highly recommend that everybody try it. With that being said it is a lot of work, you can't just eat any old thing, it all has to be cooked and prepared and there are a lot of dishes. There's a reason that they tell you to start it when you don't have any other big events going on. I found it it was 100% worth it for me.