Stress

Options
mamma_adventure
mamma_adventure Posts: 235 Member
edited August 2017 in Motivation and Support
So in the past 2 months my marriage has ended, I've had to find somewhere to live for my 3 kids and I and had to find a new job.

You'd think the weight woukd be dropping off but not me, too many bad food choices whilst running around ... I'm the heaviest I've been in years :o

However, I'm happy with how everything has worked out and it's now time to look after me.

I got this...from today #thisgirlcan

Wow! It helps writing things down <3

Replies

• TaniaMTaylor6
    TaniaMTaylor6 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have been through a lot. It's hard to stay focused through those very difficult and dark patches in life but we have to forgive ourselves, see it for what it was, recognise what needs to change and do our best to focus on the future.
    I was the same, comfort eating when I was struggling with life and if anything, it made it so much worse. I knew I needed to change when I struggled walking to the shop round the corner and had chest pain every day. My son took a photo of me and I cried. To me my pain was now very obvious on the outside too. New year came and a new way of life began. I can hand on heart say, I feel so much better now and even though life often continues to be difficult, I know that my eating habits are the one thing I can now have control over when other things feel like they are falling apart. I am proud to have made such a positive change to my life and hope that my children will see that making positive choices and leading a healthy lifestyle is a priority. Fingers crossed that this is just the beginning and other positive things in life will follow.

From one mother to another, you can do this!!!
  • mamma_adventure
    Options
    @TaniaMTaylor6 thank you so much for replying <3
    YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION <3
  • CheekieM0nkey
    CheekieM0nkey Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just want you to know I'm sending you all the love and support, even if it is through this tiny message. You sound very motivated, And you are absolutely right about what you said... "now it's time to look after me." 100000% agree with you. You got this, I beieve in you. I hope you don't mind my requesting you.
  • mamma_adventure
    Options
    Happy to journey together @CheekieM0nkey <3
  • ROTC2010
    ROTC2010 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You got this girl keep going and keep your head up high... Keep going and you will make it in no time to your goal
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    You can do this. Its hard to take care of yourself when there is so much happening. Someone once gave me a tip she said "the mother holds the family together if she doesn't look after herself and goes under who looks after everyone else". She said this when my twins were tiny babies, my oldest son is severely autistic and my husband had gone back to work and I had no family support at that time. It took a while for her words to sink in but I eventually started looking after me. Look after yourself and everyone else will be fine. I needed to hear this again too it's so easy to get carried away by circumstances. Sending hugs.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I'm also a divorced mom of 3 kids. I ate and gained weight during the end of my divorce and shortly after, then decided one day I wanted to do better for myself and my kids. Feel free to add me as a friend here :)