What's your BMI?

Options
And do you feel it accurately represents your health?

Replies

• RogueRunner_1
    RogueRunner_1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    31.0. And I'm not sure what it's supposed to represent healthwise other than progress. Ten months ago, it was 45.
    That's fantastic progress!!
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    20.3 and yes
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,980 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    And do you feel it accurately represents your health?

Middle of my normal range, and it represents a healthy weight for me.

• rawrrgenn
    rawrrgenn Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    37.0 (obese) according to Google..yes, I have excess fat which has led to being told I'm prediabetic a while ago. And I attribute my ankles and back hurting a while ago to my fat. I think it accurately reflects my health.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Mine's 20 and I feel like it does.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options

Yeah, I guess so. I'm skinny for most guys my age.
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Slightly above mid-range for my height, despite the fact I'm smaller than average.
    I think it represents that I lift, and am a bit more muscular than the "model" person that the BMI calculation is based on.
  • Dcorrick
    Dcorrick Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    26.3; overweight. I still have some flab left after weight loss, but I've also added inches to chest and legs. No, I don't know think the number tells me anything.
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    25 on the nose and I totally agree that it's an accurate picture as I'm rather overweight still.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    25.1-25.5 depending on my normal fluctuations
    An no, not in the least bit am I overweight.
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    19.9 currently. And yes the lower my bmi the lower my glucose number, so it does reflect my health, to some extent. I also have a total cholesterol number in the 160s, triglycerides in the 60s, normal blood pressure etc. And then last fasting test put my (former prediabetic) glucose number in the 80s.
  • ellustiina
    ellustiina Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    19.3, seems alright
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    21.8. I feel it's an accurate depiction of my health. Aiming for 21.
  • bababs89
    bababs89 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    23 which is towards the higher end of normal for me. I'm working on losing a few pounds yet which would cause a slight decrease, but I don't really pay attention to BMI.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    My BMI is 24 - just 1 pt (or 5.5#) below "overweight" despite having only 8.9%BF, based on hydrostatic testing, at 5'8" & 158# and physical measurements of 42C/33W/37H.

Still the BMI is currently in the "normal" range and I have never looked or felt healthier in my life.