Deodorant recommendations

Options
2»

Replies

• Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I finally found one I really like- Degree "MotionSense" and the "ultra-clear" version really doesn't leave white or yellow stains on my black/white clothing (or at least not nearly as much as others I've tried). For me personally, I Secret and Dove didn't work well, and Mitchum gave me an allergic reaction.

Coconut oil mixed with baking soda is incredibly effective BUT it did make my skin dry and brownish, which you then had to clean with vinegar. My husband thinks it's worth it but prefer the convenience of Degree.
  • asianolikeyou
    asianolikeyou Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Degree makes a spray with 'motion sense' that lasts a long time, I spray it once in the morning and find it lasts all day (even through my 6 hour dance sessions).
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I use an antiperspirant. I also use witch hazel and coconut oil to reduce bacterial odor.

I also bring an extra shirt since I know I'll sweat through the first.
  • quafferj
    quafferj Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Another vote for degree motion sense...and so far very few marks with the new ultra clear
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    evileen99 wrote: »
    Mitchum. Secret was really rough on my skin.

I am okay with the regular secret, but the clinical irritates my skin. I use regular secret most of the time, but rotate Mitchum in sometimes as well. Sometimes the regular secret isn't strong enough.

I got some degree to try.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    puddintot wrote: »
    I'm looking for a deodorant that lasts the ENTIRE workout. Preferably women's, but if it's unscented I guess men's could work.

Dove's 48 hour last me my entire workout, it does not however last 48 hours, I will shower it off well before testing the "48 hour" claim.
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    +1 Mitchum gel. It doesn't trash my clothes, either.
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    If you are getting white marks on your clothes, rub them with pantyhose. I really don't understand why this works, but it takes the white marks right off. I keep a ruined (with runs) pair of pantyhose in the bathroom for this express purpose. (It also works pretty well if I get sunscreen on my clothes.)

For deodorant, I can only use Dove GoFresh (or whatever they are calling it now; the packaging was different last time I bought it at Target). Everything else gives me rash. Secret Clinical is the worst for rashes (for me) and natural deodorants with baking soda and essential oils are nearly as bad (plus they don't work well). But I have really sensitive underarm skin.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    +1 for Mitchum.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    quafferj wrote: »
    Another vote for degree motion sense...and so far very few marks with the new ultra clear

This one for me.
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    Meghan509 wrote: »
    I use Kiss My Face Active Life Sport Deodorant. It is sold at Whole Foods or online via Amazon for the best price.
    It is Aluminum Free, which means it is not toxic. Also, NO MORE WHITE MARKS!
    I find that it lasts all day. :)

Is it an antiperspirant AND deodorant? Or just a deodorant?

Your "no more white marks" claim is intriguing. I've tried all of the ones that say that, and none have yet to live up to the claim. I need LBD-friendly deodorant, but I also need antiperspirant.

I looked it up again on Amazon. I believe it is just a deodorant. But, it works trust me. I work out six days a week doing cardio and I sweat. But I don't smell. LOL

No more white marks because - it is CLEAR! :)

I love this stuff. Check it out and see what they say about it on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Kiss-My-Face-Deodorant-Active/dp/B004I77EH8?th=1
  • Uisceuisce
    Uisceuisce Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Mitchum roll on is brilliant
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Uisceuisce wrote: »
    Mitchum roll on is brilliant

Yup. I don't care that it is supposedly for men, it is unscented, dries quickly so no issues with clothes, no sweat and no BO.

I don't even need to reapply it the next day if I don't shower. It says it works for 48 hours and it actually does!