weigh 132 lbs and 5'7..want to lose excess weight on lower body

Options
hello all! i am new here and in need of some advice. currently I've been watching my calories and eating around 1200-1300 cals. i have a desk job and work 9-6 but still try to do at least 30 min cardio or weights when i get home. its been almost a week now and although my stomach feels not as bloated i haven't seen any changes..i even used the measuring tape and still 32-26-38..UGH. should i keep eating less or do i need to eat more? i don't feel low of energy and actually sleep much better at night (i do fill up on healthy veggies and fruit with some carbs) i just want to finally feel good about my lower body. too much booty for a small frame lol

Replies

• clayelliott847
    clayelliott847 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    It has only been a week.
  • mmkaos342
    mmkaos342 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ok thanks for all the replies lol I've heard stories where people loose 2lbs in a week and was unsure if i was doing something wrong :smile:
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    mmkaos342 wrote: »
    ok thanks for all the replies lol I've heard stories where people loose 2lbs in a week and was unsure if i was doing something wrong :smile:

It's definitely possible to lose two pounds of fat in a week, but you do it by creating a large calorie deficit, which becomes harder to do the less you weigh to begin with. Your bigger problem, however, is that there's no way to control where you lose weight. If you're unhappy with your lower body specifically, you should look into fitness programs, not weight loss.

ETA: Two pounds is also well within normal weight fluctuations, so even if you did lose it in a week, you might not notice right away.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options

People who are obese can lose 2 pounds per week. Someone who is already at a healthy weight is not going to be able to create that large of a deficit. "Almost a week" is no time at all. With your stats you should set your goal for .5 pound per week. It will be slow going but you will get there. You cannot spot reduce. The fat will come off where it comes off. If you store fat on your lower body it will eventually come off there. But it may take a long time. You should also get a scale and weigh your food. With a small deficit there isn't any room for errors in your logging.

• jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    Since you're already at a healthy weight, you should probably focus on recomping.

another vote for recomp / fitness goals rather than weight loss. maybe a small deficit but definitely a lot of patience. because you can't choose where you lose fat from and you store fat on the lower part of your body there's a pretty good chance that just losing 'weight' would result in your upper body slimming before your lower body shows a noticeable difference, if you work on maintaining lean body mass while you lose fat you may get more of the aesthetic you're looking for.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    recomping as in lifting weights? i already do and havent seen any difference other than sore muscles lol theres always a thin layer of fat covering any muscle i do have. i would prefer to look skinny than look like an athlete. just a personal preference.
    https://nerdfitness.com/blog/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,686 Member
    Options
    Where your body stores fat is determined by genetics. I am skinny in my upper body (you can count the ribs) but my lower body is stocky. I store fat in my thighs and a bit in my belly. So did my mother. I'm a hiker and a runner, so my legs are muscular, but they will never be skinny. I take pride in the fact that they are strong and don't worry about the fact that they're not pencil thin.