How I know I have changed...

Options
SheilaSisco
SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
Before I started this journey in Feb of this year I ate what I wanted when I wanted and stopped when I felt like it. I didn't think that much about the things I was putting in my body. I drank soda constantly and the only think I really drank was soda. I walked some, but nothing extensive and that was IT as far as exercise went. I was always tired... I didn't like to take my boys to the park because ten minutes into being there I was dead tired and out of breath. And as far as running went... forget about it. I tried once, ran for maybe two minutes and was literally almost sick.

Flash forward to today. I am usually pretty religious about logging, but I didn't figure food for today last night like I often do and I didn't have time to try to figure it out this morning. At my lunch break at work I logged up to that point, looked at what I had left and though 'Ok, I'm not doing so bad.' I was starving by the time I got home, so I decided to eat two helpings of the tuna casserole I made for dinner (second helpings are an extreme rarity for me nowadays) and I also decided I wanted a weigh watchers ice cream bar for desert. I decided this KNOWING it was going to put me over my calories, so I also decided I needed to counteract those extra calories with a little exercise.

Now, get this... in my head I'm thinking... "I'll just go for a short little one mile run and I'll be back under my calories." And then I thought about that again... There was NEVER a time in my life before now where 'short' and 'mile' were in the same sentence for me... ESPECIALLY where running was concerned. Hell, the word RUN was barely in my vocabulary... lol. It just made me stop and think about all of the positive changes I've made in my life and how truly happy it makes me most days. I still have my off days once in a while (don't we all?), but at least this time I KNOW I'm moving in the right direction... :D

Replies

• theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm still walking, but I hope to start running soon. Congrats!
  • hootle77
    hootle77 Posts: 3
    Options
    This is an awesome and inspirational story! way to go !!
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Fantastic post! I love how the little changes add up to make for a different, better life! I have noticed myself naturally making healthy choices, and I love it! This site has helped me to keep on track so much!
  • espinozAgal
    espinozAgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    super fab!!!!! U are an inspiration!!!
  • bslic
    bslic Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Your changes are definitely now part of your lifestyle now. Good for you!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!