Wanting to eat all the foods....

Options
LaReinaDeCorazones
LaReinaDeCorazones Posts: 274 Member
edited August 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Ladies, it's almost TOM and I have been feeling particularly ravenous, how do you handle it,? Do you exercise more, just not give in, or do you just eat more for those few days?

Replies

• Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I usually eat at maintenance instead of a deficit that week. I tend to go over a bit more some days but exercising is literally the only thing that helps my awful cramps so I tend to be a lot more active during my TOM.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    I go for walks even small ones help distract me and often turn into longer ones so i get to eat more, Getting my butt out the door is the hard part once im out within about 10 mins im super down to just keep walking xD Then when i get home appetite is dulled.

Also black coffee. The biggest appitite suppressnt for me.

And generally focusing on eating more bulk nutrient dense foods- I always make sure i have my protein pudding around for my TOM it tastes like cheesecake but it pretty much like 50-60% protein and is incrediby creamy which i tend to crave on my TOM -Sometimes i make it rice pudding to bulk it out if im super cravey-...topped with dark chocolate. nom. Just gota find the snacks you can have and roll with it trying to spread them out is my point :p Or earn them
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I love how you are all at the point where you can avoid giving in to the cravings that are most females downfall.
  • chelllsea124
    chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I eat at maintenance.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I don't WANT to exercise but relentless cramping that is only cured by walking or moving kinda ties my hands lol. I usually feel pretty blah and gross and exercise is the last thing I want to do but once I get going it helps and makes me feel better overall and believe me I have tried everything for cramps and this is the only solution!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I make sure I stick to my exercise schedule and eat maintenance for 2 or 3 days. The extra calories are usually chocolate and potato chips :)
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    Options
    You ladies are awesome! !! Thank you for the responses, I'm just going to do maintenance for the next couple of days. If you want, feel free to send a friend request =)
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I seriously have to stay away from all the salty things in the house during TOM!
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I have very amazing workouts during time of the month. All kinds of pep and stamina and power. This is literally the ONLY thing I like about this aspect of being a woman. But as for food, I usually cut myself a little slack and eat a cookie or two. The main thing is to avoid over doing it.
  • leanne_adkin
    leanne_adkin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I try to get a bit more exercise in so that if the TOM cravings are too much, I don't feel as bad giving in to the good stuff. Sometimes I can tey have something sweet but low(ish) calories that takes the edge off; options hot chocolate is nice or some fagè total 0% fat greek yoghurt with either a teaspoon of nutella, honey, maple syrup or lemon curd mixed through it.
    I've taken note of some of the other ladies' great advice too though!
  • smh_cliff
    smh_cliff Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Nutella in the yogurt is genius... but If I had any in the house it'd end up just being the jar and a spoon
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    My cravings are overwhelming at TOM. All I want is chocolate and candy! I just eat them, try to stay in moderation, and go for a run.