HI!!

Options
Hi there, I'm Becky, 27 and live in the heat of Oklahoma. I was born and raised in MI and moved here in 2005. I have 3 children; 8, 6, and 3. I'm a full time student. My highest weight was about 215 after I had my first baby at age 18. I got down to about 180 and got preggers with my second. I reached about 200 or so and got all the way down to 160 before I got pregnant with my third. I have weighed around 205-206 for the past 3+ years. I just finished my 5th week of eating better and exercising and in the first 4 wks I lost 10 lbs. I am, for the first time in over 3 years, under 200lbs at 196. I am so ready to kick my fat a@@ in the a@@ and lose this weight. I am hoping to be down to 140 by next summer. My short term goal is 160 by my birthday, which is February 18. I want to see 185 on the scale at the end of August.
I've never worked out or tried to eat healthy before and am amazed at how well it works!! I do Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred 5-6 days a week. The technique behind that DVD is to do each level (there are 3) for 10 days and move to the next. Well, I do each level for 3 weeks (15 days) and the last week I do the first level along with the level I'm on. So this next week will be my last week of Level 2 and I am adding Level 1 with it. After I am COMPLETELY done with The Shred I want to buy Insanity and do that. I use MFP to track all my calories. I try to drink half my weight in oz (at least 100) in water.
Well, hopefully I can get some support through this site and track my progress. I will, of course, support those who need it too!!!
Good Luck to everyone on their lifestyle change journey!!

Replies

• miller32807
    miller32807 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi, Becky!!! We're already friends on here :) I like your idea of doing 30 Day Shred. Hubby got it for me, and I did like 3 days, skipping a day between 2 of those days, and my thighs felt like I had stabbed them. lol So I stopped doing it. I need to get back on track. Even if I do need to skip a day between each day of working out, I really just need to do it!!! I'm currently at 192, but it's so hard to lose this weight. But I'm sure we can both do it!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kellydharriso
    Options
    I have been thinking about getting that exercise dvd, I live in Texas and there is absolutely no way to work out outside in the heat!!! Add me as a friend if you want, Good luck!!!!
  • jantim1990
    jantim1990 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing great and are well on your way to a thinner, leaner you!! (Of course I would think that with 3 little ones running around that would keep you lean and mean! LOL!) I'll send a friend request and you can add me if you want. I'll try to encourage all I can. Good Luck!!