Stay at home mom looking for support

Options
Im a SAHM for 3 great kids 8, 3 and 2. Looking for friends to encourage and join me on the adventure to a happier healthier lifestyle. When I was younger i was a competitive swimmer and was very active so eating what i wanted wasnt an issue...now i was never "skinny" but i was in much better shape. I first gained a huge amount of weight once i quit swimming and then had my 1st child, after her i worked my *kitten* off to loose weight and got back to a smaller size, i got smaller also wprked 2 full time jobs on my feet 16/18 hrs a day then pregnant again this time back to back with my 2 youngest then a years worth of hormones and steroids for health issues so no matter how hard i tried the weight kept packing on

Replies

• Insainly_Domesticated
    Options
    It cut off the end. Im looking for other moms looking for a healthier lifestyle and weightloss to go to when everyone around me is no help. Feel free to friend me or any advice is appreciated as well! Anyone else in my boat? Now not working i feel like im stuck in a rut, my husb is begind me 100% but also says he loves me regardless so he isnt much help after a few weeks he just want tongo out and eat.
  • shadowbaby4
    shadowbaby4 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM, too. It can be very isolating, so I'd love to be friends!
  • Hispanicprincess
    Hispanicprincess Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Girl, I feel you I have a 6 yo, 3, and 2 yo. I have been a big girl all my life but before I had kids I decided to lose weight and I did lost 50lbs. When I got pregnant with my first I gained it all back plus more
  • Hispanicprincess
    Hispanicprincess Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    There was more to my message but mfp cuts it off on the app for some reason. Anyways, I am also a stay at home mom I have found it EXTREMLY difficult to lose weight after kids. I work out at least 4x a week for an hour (cardio and 20 mins strength) but I really struggle with food.
    I added you!
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm a part time SAHM (only work two days a week) and have a 4yo son. Feel free to add me x
  • miimosaa
    miimosaa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Same here! Feel free to add me!
  • lrob87
    lrob87 Posts: 20 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm a SAHM to two toddlers. Feel free to add me.
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    SAHM and homeschooling mama of 3, (12, 11 and 9). I'm on the other side of things and have been maintaining a 50ish pound loss for a few years now.

Also, you can definitely still go out to eat with your husband-you just need to fit the meal into your calorie target (pre-planning your day is a great way to do this). We eat out at least once a week, and I still had no problem losing the extra weight :)
  • mamma_adventure
    mamma_adventure Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Single working mum of 3 (4yo and 2x2yo). Struggle to get time to exercise, so all about the portion control here. Hoping to lose about 30lbs and my mummy tummy :#
    My diary is open, feel free to add me B)
  • nads_ayoub
    nads_ayoub Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I must admit, I have been polishing off the food of my kids plates for the past 10 years and only now have I put an end to that habit - I think most SAHMs can relate to that:))
  • evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request, Im a SAHM too!!
  • hannys
    hannys Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    SAHM to 4 kids (7, 6, 3, almost 2 years old) and I have a similar story. I was in AMAZING shape as a personal trainer before baby #1 and kept up with it through my end pregnancy and then baby #3 changed it all. I stopped training and returned to a stressful job in social services and gained weight and rarely was active any more. Surprise baby #4 didn't help! Haha

But at the beginning of this year I hit my "this is ridiculous" moment with my weight/body and fitness level. So far I've lost 20lbs and looking to lose another 30-ish
  • daynasrose
    daynasrose Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    SAHM to three kids - 9, 6 and 3. I have always been active and in shape but after my third I fell off the wagon, starting eating whatever I wanted and got out of shape. I don't have lots of weight to lose but I need to get my diet in order again and lose that last bit of weight in my ab area. It would be nice to connect with other SAHMs. :)
  • EsmeMary101
    EsmeMary101 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Me too, SAHM to four girls 6,7,9 and 11yrs. My youngest started school last September so I decided to get myself in order. I joined WW in Feb and that really started me off. I only went for 10 weeks or so but I've been counting calories since and lost 42.5lbs so far.

I had been doing great but I've found the school holidays hard. They're back to school at the end of next week. I hope I can get back to a good routine.

Please add me as a friend. My diary is open.
  • 2CrazyMonsters
    2CrazyMonsters Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi. SAHM of a 7 yr old boy, and 3 yr old girl that just started preschool (woo hoo!). I've been losing the same 30 lbs over and over. I need to keep going.
    I'm adding all of you.
  • ParisPrincesse
    ParisPrincesse Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Me too...Feel free to add me! ❤️
  • kaylamullins1993
    kaylamullins1993 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Welcome to add me! Im a sahm of a 3 year old and 1.5 year old.
    I lost 40 pounds during my second pregnancy, but i managed to find it all and then some. Any mommy support is more than welcome!
  • chantellel0312
    chantellel0312 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mum to my 11month old. Feel free to add me.
  • freedom2016mfp
    freedom2016mfp Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM of 3 amazing children, all of whom are teens with my youngest starting high school. I'm a very busy taxi mom lol Over the years I've lost and gained and lost and ... well I'm certain those reading this get it. It would be great to have friends that can relate. Feel free to add me
  • louisegibbs85
    louisegibbs85 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hi, im a stay at home mum to two girls 10 & 4 and my baba who is soon to 1 . i was so nervous about having my third...how id cope... as i already felt like 'just mum' . i decided id put time into myself ...forget other peoples opinions and find my own interests and personality again. Im now 4 stone down .. Gained some qualifications and feel so much better within myself...feel free to add x